Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - August 20, 2013 (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=831961)

coldsnapped 08-20-2013 10:12 AM

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - August 20, 2013

We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.31.20130803a.10

General
  • Updates have been made to the Subspace Integration Circuit console.
    • The damage dealt by the rupture's collapse has been increased by about 25%.
    • The flight speed reduction value has been decreased from -83.33% to -80.00%.
    • The flight speed reduction now takes all of a target's resistances into account when calculating the magnitude.
    • The "Disable" component has been replaced with a "Weapons Offline" mode, while within the subspace hazard.
  • The occasional crash to desktop while using Gateway has been fixed.

Known Issue
  • The text of the Subspace Integration Circuit console still mentions it uses Disable.

eisenw0lf 08-20-2013 10:18 AM

Splendid.

Btw ... who are you? :P

mattjohnsonva 08-20-2013 10:19 AM

Thank you for listening to the feedback. This is a result!

nobscu 08-20-2013 10:20 AM

It is as the prophecy foretold.

daveyny 08-20-2013 10:20 AM

Interesting...

Wonder how many "refund" posts are we gonna see now??
<chuckle>

A new DEV?

hummmm... FrigidCracked ...

:cool:

tarastheslayer 08-20-2013 10:24 AM

A wild dev fresher appeared :O

A new dev :D Hello :)

This is a good set of patch notes, good improvements :)

ussultimatum 08-20-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsnapped (Post 12020431)
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.31.20130803a.10

General
  • Updates have been made to the Subspace Integration Circuit console.
    • The damage dealt by the rupture's collapse has been increased by about 25%.
    • The flight speed reduction value has been decreased from -83.33% to -80.00%.
    • The flight speed reduction now takes all of a target's resistances into account when calculating the magnitude.
    • The "Disable" component has been replaced with a "Weapons Offline" mode, while within the subspace hazard.
  • The occasional crash to desktop while using Gateway has been fixed.

Known Issue
  • The text of the Subspace Integration Circuit console still mentions it uses Disable.

Ok, I'll test this out again when this gets pushed to live.

One thing...

The flight speed reduction value has been decreased from -83.33% to -80.00%.

:confused:

This seemed a rather arbitrary change that will not actually do anything.

I'm not saying it needs to be reduced further, it just seems odd considering the other changes to reduce this by that amount.

coldsnapped 08-20-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eisenw0lf (Post 12020571)
Splendid.

Btw ... who are you? :P

Hello! I've been on the STO team for a couple of years working in QA. I've got some new responsibilities now with the build making process including posting updates on the forums.

topset 08-20-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ussultimatum (Post 12020871)
This seemed a rather arbitrary change that will not actually do anything.

I'm not saying it needs to be reduced further, it just seems odd considering the other changes to reduce this by that amount.

I had this thought too, seemed like a rather pointless change in the grand scheme of things

maicake716 08-20-2013 10:41 AM

so rather then giving a hard counter (which is what the pvp community asked for)

you're going to change the way it functions so we have a chance to live through it.

sounds good.

although i would like an official statement that it wasnt because of pvp'rs it was changed this way so that the pvp community WILL NOT be blamed for these changes causing event more strife between pvp'rs and pve'rs.