Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   An idea for the Zen/Lobi store(s) (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=832031)

seannewboy 08-20-2013 12:36 PM

An idea for the Zen/Lobi store(s)
 
Has anyone considered an purchasable unlock item, to unlock bound to character items. Even if it still was not sellable at least we could send it to other characters. I think this is an item that could be sold in either the zen or the lobi stores.

topset 08-20-2013 12:40 PM

I like this idea, but I'm not sure Cryptic will go for it.

The reason Lobi stuff is Bind-to-character on pickup is so you have to accumulate lobi on every character you want a lobi item. On the whole that makes you open more lockboxes and pay more money.

Would be nice though, so +1

seannewboy 08-20-2013 12:47 PM

Im not just talking about lobi stuff, anything use it, buy the item, and its unlocked to be used again.

dwhornet 08-28-2013 02:56 PM

I'd like to see the alternate ship consoles appear in lobi store. For example if you acquire the Mobious destroyer, you should be able to pay 300 lobi for the Wells class console.

kapla1755 08-28-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topset (Post 12022421)
The reason Lobi stuff is Bind-to-character on pickup is so you have to accumulate lobi on every character you want a lobi item. On the whole that makes you open more lockboxes and pay more money.

/snip

pretty much the reason for all bind on character items including reputation gear. eg... Oh you want dilithium right now ?, well grind or we have a handy-dandy conversion system if your willing to spend some cash

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwhornet (Post 12160001)
I'd like to see the alternate ship consoles appear in lobi store. For example if you acquire the Mobious destroyer, you should be able to pay 300 lobi for the Wells class console.

Sounds nice but.....
The Lobi store UI would need to have a separate AI routine to check a character's inventory to make sure they have the Mobius for example unboxed on the current character and update the Lobi store UI to show that yes I have that ship opened so i can now purchase the companion ship console, times "x" number of people in a similar situation each and every time you opened the interface it would become a resource hog with little benefit to the company and a potential revenue loss with people not trying to get the complimentary console from the other ship. All those Lobi store ships were purchased by someone who just decided to put them on exchange vs use it themselves , and i say thank you to everyone who does that. :D

mandoknight89 08-28-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapla1755 (Post 12163451)
Sounds nice but.....
The Lobi store UI would need to have a separate AI routine to check a character's inventory to make sure they have the Mobius for example unboxed on the current character and update the Lobi store UI to show that yes I have that ship opened so i can now purchase the companion ship console, times "x" number of people in a similar situation each and every time you opened the interface it would become a resource hog with little benefit to the company and a potential revenue loss with people not trying to get the complimentary console from the other ship. All those Lobi store ships were purchased by someone who just decided to put them on exchange vs use it themselves , and i say thank you to everyone who does that. :D

Those checks? Already done, frequently, for other lockbox ships, for their unique equipment in the Dilithium store. Adding another check in the Lobi store wouldn't require all that much additional code. (And, since it's a simple check, it's not really even AI. It's just a routine.)

kapla1755 08-28-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandoknight89 (Post 12164721)
Those checks? Already done, frequently, for other lockbox ships, for their unique equipment in the Dilithium store. Adding another check in the Lobi store wouldn't require all that much additional code. (And, since it's a simple check, it's not really even AI. It's just a routine.)

Ahh routine was the word I has searching for. tyvm :) Dilithium store special equipment is also not available from any other source unlike the current lockbox consoles available on a separate ship. so the second point of potential revenue loss would still seem valid.

dl9905 09-08-2013 03:21 PM

lobi
 
what is the easieast and fastest way to get lobi?

dahminus 09-08-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dl9905 (Post 12319241)
what is the easieast and fastest way to get lobi?

open lockboxes, easy and fastest is relative :P

davidwford 09-08-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandoknight89 (Post 12164721)
Those checks? Already done, frequently, for other lockbox ships, for their unique equipment in the Dilithium store. Adding another check in the Lobi store wouldn't require all that much additional code. (And, since it's a simple check, it's not really even AI. It's just a routine.)

No kidding. The game runs on a very centralized server. All game processing fuctions and algorithims occur on the server with none performed on the connecting server. That is the game's biggest weakness. If the main server gets a glitch or crashes, the enitre game stops.

Sad really, when private player instances such as the exploration missions could be easily accoplished locally by the connecting terminal in much the same way SETI de-centralized data processing by using remote computers connected to the internet. This reduced the SETI server's workload since it shared the data processing. I think that this game would work much better if some of that data processing was shared.

Likewise, since the Foundry UI does not interact with the main server except for game instance processing (and open chat) that part of the game could be almost completely off loaded to the user's computer. If that was done, then players could dicker with creating user missions while the server was down and undergoing repairs.

While this would do wonders for user gameing experience, Cryptic/Atari/Perfect World does not want to relenquish even a scrap of game control for fear of hackers breaking the game code and cheating.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:17 PM.