Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   Game crash's after new patch?? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=833941)

skyrim788 08-22-2013 09:48 AM

Game crash's after new patch??

Hey STO
I was wondering if anyone else has Had lots of in-game crashes at random. well today it got worse for me as now the game doesn't fully start. It gets to the "cryptic" Screen with the loading bar that loads half way then a simple CTD.
No idea whats going on. Anyone have any advice or have been having a similar issue? :confused::confused:

skyrim788 08-22-2013 10:23 AM

Game crash due to new patch?

Hey STO
I was wondering if anyone else has Had lots of in-game crashes at random. well today it got worse for me as now the game doesn't fully start. It gets to the "cryptic" Screen with the loading bar that loads half way then a simple CTD.
No idea whats going on. Anyone have any advice or have been having a similar issue?
Is it the new patch?

jellico1 08-22-2013 10:29 AM

I do

A LOT

eazzie 08-22-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyrim788 (Post 12056011)
Hey STO
No idea whats going on. Anyone have any advice or have been having a similar issue?
Is it the new patch?

Are you using Raptr by any chance? If so there is a current conflict going on which I have been getting. It has been reported on here and to Raptr aswell.

The solution I have found that works is Don't have Raptr running, load up STO when you get to the Toon screen, minimise,then open up Raptr and everything will be ok.

skyrim788 08-22-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazzie (Post 12057351)
Are you using Raptr by any chance? If so there is a current conflict going on which I have been getting. It has been reported on here and to Raptr aswell.

The solution I have found that works is Don't have Raptr running, load up STO when you get to the Toon screen, minimise,then open up Raptr and everything will be ok.

Thanks. I shall try this :)

vegeta50024 08-22-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyrim788 (Post 12055331)
Hey STO
No idea whats going on. Anyone have any advice or have been having a similar issue? :confused::confused:

I have had problems with Raptr being on and it crashing as it gets to the Legacy of Rom. screen.

eazzie 08-22-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegeta50024 (Post 12058621)
I have had problems with Raptr being on and it crashing as it gets to the Legacy of Rom. screen.

Your lucky to get to that screen I don't get past the cryptic one. But the solution I gave previously works for me give it a try.

eazzie 08-22-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyrim788 (Post 12057671)
Thanks. I shall try this :)

Your welcome. let me know if what I do works for you too if it does there must be a conflict between Arc and Raptr.

skyrim788 08-23-2013 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazzie (Post 12059441)
Your welcome. let me know if what I do works for you too if it does there must be a conflict between Arc and Raptr.

It appears to be raptr. Because i closed it and it launches fine.. I guess its one of those bugs lol Thanks for your help all :)

eazzie 08-23-2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyrim788 (Post 12070881)
It appears to be raptr. Because i closed it and it launches fine.. I guess its one of those bugs lol Thanks for your help all :)

Your welcome no thanks needed. We all help each other out on here, that's what makes this forum the best in the world ohh but not forgetting Brandon as CM keeping it fun and friendly along with the mods. Just a bit of a pain now though until Raptr gets it sorted.