Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   New icons made me realise something (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=834951)

stofsk 08-23-2013 09:21 AM

New icons made me realise something
 
None of the warp cores have a Klingon look, they're all Starfleet.

I mean granted, I don't recall ever seeing a Klingon cruiser's warp core, but this would have been the perfect time to throw the KDF a bone.

f2pdrakron 08-23-2013 10:31 AM

You already said everything that needed to be said, no Klingon Warp Core was ever shown ... also items are items, they have one icon unless you suggestion is duplicate every single warp core so KDF can have unique items and you know what would mean? items that would drop that you could not use or if they put no restriction we would have the double amount of warp cores just because you need some fancy icon.

dknight0001 08-23-2013 10:40 AM

Of all the things I'd like to see for KDF, Warp Core Icons never even entered my mind.

Seriously a new ship, a beloved ship given a fleet upgrade (Garumba, Kar'fi) or maybe some new content. But an Icon?

Hell I'd settle for some tweaks to our T5 ships to be a bit fairer in this era of Romulan Battle Cloaking Fleet Ha'Feh. Seriously compare this to a Fleet Qin Raptor. More Hull, More Shield, More turn, More Tac consoles and Battle Cloak.

warmaker001b 08-23-2013 10:44 AM

Fleet Kar'Fi and Guramba would be great.

There will be a supernova from the Empire if the Guramba were to be made a Fleet version, and would be interesting to see what kind of improvements it would have. I know many were hoping for one when the Starbase/Fleet Ship system first came out.

misterde3 08-23-2013 10:48 AM

Pay no attention to that clearly visible Klingon warpcore on this image

http://imageshack.us/a/img862/1540/bopwarpcore.jpg

stofsk 08-23-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f2pdrakron (Post 12075171)
You already said everything that needed to be said, no Klingon Warp Core was ever shown ... also items are items, they have one icon unless you suggestion is duplicate every single warp core so KDF can have unique items and you know what would mean? items that would drop that you could not use or if they put no restriction we would have the double amount of warp cores just because you need some fancy icon.

That's assuming they can't make the icon change for the same item depending on the faction viewing it. I don't know, maybe that is impossible, or harder to do than making one icon graphic for all items. If so, fair enough. I didn't say that I 'needed' this, it was more of an idle thought as I was playing the game.

And partly, the larger issue was that none of the new icons 'needed' to be changed either, yet they did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dknight0001 (Post 12075311)
Of all the things I'd like to see for KDF, Warp Core Icons never even entered my mind.

Seriously a new ship, a beloved ship given a fleet upgrade (Garumba, Kar'fi) or maybe some new content. But an Icon?

Hell I'd settle for some tweaks to our T5 ships to be a bit fairer in this era of Romulan Battle Cloaking Fleet Ha'Feh. Seriously compare this to a Fleet Qin Raptor. More Hull, More Shield, More turn, More Tac consoles and Battle Cloak.

Yeah look, maybe I worded my opening post wrong. I'm not seriously advocating Cryptic allocate resources to producing a separate KDF-only UI graphic overlay on the warp cores just for the sake of making them look different. All I'm saying is that it simply occurred to me that all the warp core icons are Starfleet-specific. Except for the overcharged core, that one doesn't seem to belong to any ship I'm aware of. The hyperinjection one is from the Defiant, the field stabilising one is from the Sovereign, and the standard no-frills warp core is from the Galaxy.

Given that they extensively replaced a LOT of item icons in the recent patch, this discrepancy simply struck me as a bit odd. If it turns out that they can't easily change the icon graphics to be faction specific, hey, whatever, it's no big deal. I'm not gonna stop playing the game or go on a 'Wah wah Cryptic sucks' whinge.

mandoknight89 08-23-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stofsk (Post 12075651)
Except for the overcharged core, that one doesn't seem to belong to any ship I'm aware of.

That's an Intrepid-class core.

The reason why all of the cores use Fed ships is because the TNG-era hero ships are almost exclusively Federation, and there's four different hero ships with prominently displayed warp cores and different specializations.

stofsk 08-23-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandoknight89 (Post 12076201)
That's an Intrepid-class core

It is? I can't seem to get a good look at Voyager's warp core, but I guess it looks vaguely like it.

rezking 08-23-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stofsk (Post 12073931)
None of the warp cores have a Klingon look, they're all Starfleet.

I mean granted, I don't recall ever seeing a Klingon cruiser's warp core, but this would have been the perfect time to throw the KDF a bone.

I'd rather have a 5th and 6th Tac console slots for our Escorts.
But, that's just moi.

crypticarmsman 08-23-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterde3 (Post 12075441)
Pay no attention to that clearly visible Klingon warpcore on this image

http://imageshack.us/a/img862/1540/bopwarpcore.jpg

Are you sure that isn't a KDF microwave oven toasting some Targ hotpockets? ;)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:38 PM.