Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   dStahl Talks Voyager (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=835111)

pwebranflakes 08-23-2013 02:00 PM

dStahl Talks Voyager

Star Trek Online Executive Producer Daniel Stahl checks in to recap and provide commentary on last month's poll. Give it a read by clicking on the link below and let us know your thoughts in this thread, and don't forget to participate in our latest poll above!

Link to the article.

pardusian141 08-23-2013 02:08 PM

The Kazon would be nice but I got tired of seeing them so much....

Dyson sphere....how cool is that?!

ceekayzero 08-23-2013 02:10 PM

I'd love to face one of those nasty Krenim cruisers with a Temporal Destroyer.

burstdragon323 08-23-2013 02:10 PM

Regrettably, the staff could not see past the rampant Seven of Nine fanboyism of the last poll.

Back to topic:
Vidiians is a BAD idea. They were "hand-waved" out of the Voyager plot by having the think tank cure the phage.

If we want to expand into the Delta Quafrant, then the FED/KDF War needs to end, and the Iconians need to be shown in the DQ as well.

zorbane 08-23-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pardusian141 (Post 12078261)
The Kazon would be nice but I got tired of seeing them so much....

They couldn't handle a lost Science vessel, I don't think they'd be much of a threat to the entire Federation.

Maybe the enemy should be the Talaxians. They'll annoy everyone to death.

drogyn1701 08-23-2013 02:10 PM

The Krenim would be interesting to bring in as allies for the main players. When we left them in Voyager after the Year of Hell end reset they were a little stand-offish but otherwise friendly, or at least the guy on the viewscreen was.

assimilatedktar 08-23-2013 02:16 PM

Since "encounter" in STO means "blow up". I have to go with the Devore. They are the ones on that list I would feel the least sorry for killing them by the thousands.

thay8472 08-23-2013 02:16 PM

Malon XD :D

Quote:

You can already get your hands on an Undine ship holo-emitter, but could you imagine commanding a Borg cube?
No thank you. Plenty of other races that can go into a lockbox... Hirogen, Deferi, Voth, Breen and so on

karcorner 08-23-2013 02:17 PM

Wow, tough poll. Can we add multiple choice? :)

sirboulevard 08-23-2013 02:17 PM

Devs, just a reminder: STO Feds and KDF have Transwarp Gates. We could build another one to head there. Or even pull a Project Return and Quantum Slipstream there. The Federation can reach the Delta Quadrant with ease. So that solves the Delta Q. ability to get there (and back!).

Honestly, the race I want to meet out there isnt on the poll: THE OCAMPA! No seriously, Janeway sent Evil!Kes back to them. Who knows what they're like now. They could be royally pissed off against the Caretakers for doing what they did to them, now have starships and of course, The Ocampan Force Powers (TM).