Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Romulan Temporal Vessel (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=840081)

thedoctorbluebox 08-28-2013 09:17 PM

Romulan Temporal Vessel

Same bridge as the Federation Wells Class, just painted green, lazy design job there. Didn't even try to make it unique. Also, same exact powers as the Fed and KDF Temporal ships. Again, nothing at all to set them apart.

elessym 08-28-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox (Post 12165591)
Same bridge as the Federation Wells Class, just painted green, lazy design job there. Didn't even try to make it unique. Also, same exact powers as the Fed and KDF Temporal ships. Again, nothing at all to set them apart.

Shouldn't you be going back in time to complain that the KDF and Fed temporal ships are the same. And since you knew that, why did you expect them to be different?

dracounguis 08-28-2013 10:05 PM

Yeah, same ship, just different body. I hope you weren't expecting something new? I thought Cryptic did a pretty good job of telling people it's the same ship.

neoakiraii 08-28-2013 10:28 PM

I don't recall lockbox ships ever being different between faction. Why would these?

eulifdavis 08-29-2013 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dracounguis (Post 12165821)
I thought Cryptic did a pretty good job of telling people it's the same ship.

They did. Announcement, multiple Tribble patch notes, discussion thread, multiple dev replies, etc. Even Facebook, if I recall.

erei1 08-29-2013 05:41 AM

I don't mind them being the same ship, but the same bridge ? Really ? That's stupid.

dracounguis 08-29-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erei1 (Post 12168491)
I don't mind them being the same ship, but the same bridge ? Really ? That's stupid.

Be happy you have a specific bridge to go with it at all. Many don't.

thedoctorbluebox 08-29-2013 09:29 PM

Well, it's a lazy job, In My Opinion.

I would have liked uniqueness across the factions.

captainrevo1 08-30-2013 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox (Post 12182581)
Well, it's a lazy job, In My Opinion.

I would have liked uniqueness across the factions.

You are confusing being lazy with practicality.

being lazy is thinking you cant be bothered to do something and putting your feet up instead of working.

The other lock boxes has 1 ship and 1 lobi ship. this has 3 ships and 3 lobi. The time spent making two further unique bridges for this lockbox where every other lockbox only requires one bridge will take time away from something else. something possibly more important will suffer and be delayed as a result.

In an ideal situation they would have all have totally unique bridges, but when they give us something, it takes away from something else. that is a practical design choice you can agree or disagree with, however it is not the same thing as being lazy though.

virusdancer 08-30-2013 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox (Post 12165591)
Again, nothing at all to set them apart.

The Rom/Rem BOFFs come to mind.

R'Mor are more better than Wells/Korath.