Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Claiming Romulan Tier V Reward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=841151)

macronius 08-29-2013 09:07 PM

Claiming Romulan Tier V Reward

Can anyone tell me how to claim the rewards for Tier V Romulan rep? I just visited new Romulas for the first time and can't find the NPC that gives it out.

fmgtorres1979 08-29-2013 09:10 PM

You need to do the final mission. You need to go to the ruins and get the mission from the NPC there. Then proceed to the ruins themselves. P.S. Don't forget the environmental suits for all your party.

bazag 08-29-2013 09:13 PM

The Romulan rep reward is a activatable power that is granted once you have run the "Claim Tier 5 Romulan Reputation" project just like any other Tier rep reward. However as this is your first time on new Romulus there should also be small missions in your mission log automatically granted from Tier 1 through to Tier 5. These missions display story cutscenes related to how things are going on new Romulus, what the republic, Tal Shiar and the Hirogen are doing.

All but the first one have to be collected via the instances that unlock as you level up your rep. The first one is a rock by the wall of the new city built on new Romulus.

fmgtorres1979 08-29-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bazag (Post 12182431)
The Romulan rep reward is a activatable power that is granted once you have run the "Claim Tier 5 Romulan Reputation" project just like any other Tier rep reward. However as this is your first time on new Romulus there should also be small missions in your mission log automatically granted from Tier 1 through to Tier 5. These missions display story cutscenes related to how things are going on new Romulus, what the republic, Tal Shiar and the Hirogen are doing.

All but the first one have to be collected via the instances that unlock as you level up your rep. The first one is a rock by the wall of the new city built on new Romulus.

I think that by rewards he means the dilithium and the marks.

If not, it's what you said (wrote).

macronius 08-29-2013 09:30 PM

Thanks, I guess. Well that sucks. I grinded my way through countless Azurre and still denied the reward.

fmgtorres1979 08-29-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macronius (Post 12182601)
Thanks, I guess. Well that sucks. I grinded my way through countless Azurre and still denied the reward.

Huh?
What do you mean? You can get the reward just the same!

Each tier of the reputation creates a "mission" on New Romulus. The first one is near the Command building. There's some flowers there (a stash of sorts). All you have to do is activate it, and number one is done.

Then, the second one you need to go to the Vastam peaks, speak to the civilian NPC and get the mission to find the Tal Shiar base. Then go to the mountain pass and do the mission. That's number two.

The third one is in the caves. Again, talk to the NPC civilian, get the mission and enter the cave. Complete it and it's done.

Number four I don't remember, but I never cared for it, as you can skip it and do number five just the same.

And the fifth is the way I told you in the first post.

macronius 08-29-2013 09:53 PM

I hate ground. Was just in the cave mission and it was total spam fest with Tholians. For Omega and Nukara I could just claim the reward at Tier V. Why do I have to do more grinds on top of what I have done already? I prefer space as I find the combat entertaining.

It is pointless and a pain. Like I said thanks for the info.

fmgtorres1979 08-29-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macronius (Post 12182801)
I hate ground. Was just in the cave mission and it was total spam fest with Tholians. For Omega and Nukara I could just claim the reward at Tier V. Why do I have to do more grinds on top of what I have done already? I prefer space as I find the combat entertaining.

It is pointless and a pain. Like I said thanks for the info.

Ah! I get you. :)

P.S. You're welcome

macronius 08-29-2013 10:41 PM

So you only have to do the underground ruins one. Not so bad ... now I can get the hell off this place. <shakes fist at Cryptic>