Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Fleet System and Holdings (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Fleet Field Gen & Tac Consoles (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=843621)

shinzonisback 09-02-2013 12:56 AM

Fleet Field Gen & Tac Consoles

You gave us wonderful Fleet Shields, Warp Cores and Eng Consoles, great.
But now give us Fleet Field Generators and Tac Consoles :D

They should be released, cause I can't spend about 40KK EC to buy a Purple Disruptor Induction Coil MkXII

That price is ridiculous.
So we need Fleet Consoles to get High Performing Consoles.

This could be unfair for them who struggled to get that consoles, but hey: 40KK EC is really too much.

smokeybacon90 09-02-2013 04:19 AM

Well the difference is that RCS, Neut and Mono consoles were never as expensive as Tac and Field Gens are now, so the upgrade to Fleet versions was not as heavily felt on the exchange. But if Tac and Field Gens go the same route, a lot of people who spent many assets on obtaining Mk XII purples of these consoles will be quite annoyed that they have been snubbed by a better version obtainable with simple fl credits and dil. Considering this, and also for the sake of balance (particularly with the Tac consoles), I really think there should be some sort of drawback with the fleet ones, compared to Mk XII purples.

Disclaimer: I do not own any aforementioned Mk XII purples myself, just being a little bit thoughtful, that's all.

davidwford 09-02-2013 05:48 AM

First off, you are making a very bad assumption. Price on the exchange is NOT a reflection of the item's true value. It is only the price that people who have the item are willing to sell it for. If there was a cheaper one, it would sell very quickly(law of supply and demand). I do have a few MK12 purple consoles and I earned each one of them in Ker'rat. If you want to pick up those consoles you should farm Ker'rat as well.

orangeitis 09-02-2013 05:53 AM

Why only Field Gen? I want Injector Assemblies for my unnecessarily fast Risian corvette.

Edit: We'll probably get fleet tac consoles when that Dyson sphere spire fleet holding opens.

smokeybacon90 09-02-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidwford (Post 12225791)
First off, you are making a very bad assumption. Price on the exchange is NOT a reflection of the item's true value.

Who sets the value? The playerbase. And what is the exchange? The playerbase. You want to see supply and demand in effect, then go see the price of Cell ships.

davidwford 09-02-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 (Post 12227091)
Who sets the value? The playerbase. And what is the exchange? The playerbase. You want to see supply and demand in effect, then go see the price of Cell ships.

How often do you go shopping on ebay? This question is for anyone who is reading this. The exchange is the same way. If you want it now, you will be shelling out the cash for instant gradification. If you want it cheap, wait a while and shop around. OR, if you don't want to pay anything at all, you can go farm for gear (I can it "trash collecting"). If you set the difficulty high enough or choose to farm in Ker'rat where the enemies are harder, then you might just get lucky and get one of those items as a loot drop. Yes it is a low rate, but choose you priorities. You could squander EC on the exchange, or you can go get one yourself and sell the extra items for spare EC in the process. Seems to be a pretty straight forward solution to me.

Edit: I appologize if I sound angry or contrary, but it sound like the OP wants all the best equipment handed to him on a silver platter. That is not how this game works. You have to EARN the best gear and equipment, not demand that the programers change the system just because you feel it is unfair. I EARNED all of the good gear on my characters and it isn't even the best gear in the game!

lucho80 09-02-2013 09:04 AM

Cryptic will release fleet TAC consoles with the next holding, there is no doubt about that. What remains to see is if they go generic (projectile and energy damage only) or precise (by weapon type). I doubt they'll release field generators. If you want those try crafting them. Also, everyone is now flocking to disruptors because they are the current cool weapons to have. There are plenty of other good energy weapon options even if you don't see that many posts about them.

reginamala78 09-02-2013 10:55 AM

Given what it takes to actually get a purple-12 tac console, they have every right to be ludicrously expensive (they're mostly for bragging rights anyways, only a fraction of a percent actual improvement). There's nothing stopping you from trying to manufacture one yourself.

As to the new consoles, I really hope they follow the science route of buffing the lesser-used consoles, but leaving the most popular ones (Field Gens) alone. It forced people to make a choice between the old standby and the new shinies, balancing strengths and weaknesses for new builds. It was a far more interesting approach than the eng consoles which were simply flat-out superior with no tradeoffs, and what does that approach add to the game but P2W?

What I'd LOVE to see for fleet tac consoles would be a factional dual-proc, particularly for use in those ships that have special weapons of a certain kind like the Bortasqu or Vesta. Set it so the Mk12 version has a bonus of +28.1% (so 12-purples are still the absolute best, but not by much), but then you get a dual bonus of phaser+another chosen type (for feds) or disruptor+another chosen type (for KDF). Combo that with releases of a Fleet Gal-X and Fleet Guramba, and people will be able to use the internal weapon while loading whatever other other energy type they like, or create pseudo-rainbow builds, or whatever. Gives us new options without relatively-nerfing old ones (though this is totally out of my aft of course).

twam 09-02-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reginamala78 (Post 12230061)
What I'd LOVE to see for fleet tac consoles would be a factional dual-proc, particularly for use in those ships that have special weapons of a certain kind like the Bortasqu or Vesta. Set it so the Mk12 version has a bonus of +28.1% (so 12-purples are still the absolute best, but not by much), but then you get a dual bonus of phaser+another chosen type (for feds) or disruptor+another chosen type (for KDF). Combo that with releases of a Fleet Gal-X and Fleet Guramba, and people will be able to use the internal weapon while loading whatever other other energy type they like, or create pseudo-rainbow builds, or whatever. Gives us new options without relatively-nerfing old ones (though this is totally out of my aft of course).

That would be exceedingly awesome. Been thinking about that too, this afternoon.

I'd love this.

futurepastnow 09-02-2013 04:36 PM

Embassy field generators are a deliberate omission and will probably never be added. If the devs thought they could get away with removing field gens from the game entirely, they probably would. So don't hold your breath waiting.

Fleet tactical consoles will probably come with the new holding that is being added in Season 8. What forms they will take, only Cryptic knows. It's possible, but I think unlikely, that they'll be "faction" based, as in Phaser Relays for Feds and Disruptor Coils for KDF.

I think it is likely that all six energy types will be covered, with three different bonuses and three Mk levels for each. That's 54 consoles altogether. The bonuses I think will things like a generic +Kinetic that is half the strength of the console's energy boost, or a boost to the weapons training skill, something like that.