Looking for a home.
I hope it's ok posting this here, I'm unsure if it's just for Fleets who are recruiting and not individuals.
I joined the game last week, I have a 50 Tactical character. I've been a member of a Fleet but it seems pretty dead so I'm looking for another home.
Most important, I would like a Fleet who's able to help me buy the Fleet Advanced Escort (Prometheus). From what I've been told when asking in Zone chat, it isn't uncommon to buy your way into a fleet just for the ship. Even though I would like to stick around in a Fleet, I'm willing to go down this path.
So that being said, is anyone willing to help a new player out? :)
Drop me a message @juniortrekkie, or reply here if you're willing.
Thanks for your time!
Hi, firstly it is ok for you to post here quite a few people that are looking for fleets do.
There are lots of fleets that have access to all the top tier fleet goodies but most if not all will likely be wary of new members if they feel they are only there to buy what they want and leave.
Obviously access to fleet ships is something that is important to you. What else is it you want from a fleet? The more information you can provide about what it is you want the more likely you are to find a fleet that is right for you.
I would also recommend letting people know a little more about yourself as it isn't just about finding a fleet that is right for you it is about the fleet recruiting members that are right for it.
Verdank, I am also at 50. Hopefully you join a fleet soon :) I hear nothing but good things about them. Since i'm new here to the forum, I can only post replies and not start threads unfortunately. I am also looking for a fleet to join. tried joining a few fleets in the game, but the ones i choose block new fleet member :(
Or add my account to your friends list and i will add you from there.
Of course that is if my fleet is the type of fleet that you are looking for. You can see our recruitment page on forums here:
Hello, would you like to join our fleet? It is called Kobayashi Crew and consists of EU/UK and American time zone players. We are all friendly and helpful too. If not have a great day :)
We have a Facebook page and twitter.
I am only on at weekends during term times as I am in university, there are many other players online that use our raidcall chat server, and we are all mature players, the contacts listed below have played since beta and are between 32 and 50 yrs. old. (Only 1 teenager in the fleet, but they are welcome)
You would be welcome in our fleet, we have 166 members at the moment.
Join and have a look, if you don't like it you can always leave. It?s also easy to progress through our ranks and take a leading role within the fleet, you can contribute and be as involved as you like, so if you only log to do a quick mission or want to run missions with others, you will find both styles of play within our fleet.
Casual gaming to grinding missions the founding fathers of Kobayashi Crew look forward to enjoying all STO has to offer with you!
Message/mail us in game, or in the forum. (In game handle - Dave@dangerousdave1701) or email email@example.com.
Any questions please contact @ussmidway (American division)
@splashash and @kicker1205 (U.K. division)
Vice Admiral Davian Thule.
Fleet Support Officer.
Follow us on Twitter/like us on Facebook.
@dangerousdave1701 - Fleet Support Officer.
@kicker1205 - Fleet Tactical Officer.
@splashash - Romulan Ambassador
@ussmidway - U.S.A. Fleet Division Officer.
Alpha Alliance Is Recruiting
We Are A Tier 2 Active Casual Fleet Where New Players Can Get Help,A Free Starter Ship Set & Activity Reward Of 1,000+ Energy Credits To Help Start Them Off.
We Have High Level Players & Experienced Members Who Will Help If They Can & We Accept All Levels To Our Fleet.
We Also Have A Website: www.Alpha-Alliance.webs.com With Fleet Rules,Game Guides,Tips & More.
If Anyone Is Interested Please Message Me Here Or Ingame: Anthony Cowley@anthonyc198
As a Cardassian I'm not prone to provide advice for those who my people see as oppressors.
Anyway, Here are a couple of things to think about.
1. What faction do I want to be in (easiest first); sounds logical, but some fleets are only Federation while other fleets are spread out to all of the factions. If you want to play KDF or Romulan characters and want to play with the fleet you choose..make sure it has sections in the other factions too.
2. What is MY (as a player) concept going to be? I say this because a Science focused Captain may not fit in with a group that is purely PvP hack and slash (there are fleets out there like that.) If you're not a good fit for what the fleet wants to do, then you'll be forgotten.
3. What do I enjoy about the game most? Some fleets are pure PvP, others PvE, Roleplaying focused, and even more that spend most of their time building the station, mining dilithium, DOFF missions, etc. Many fleets that have big stations can make it feel more like a chore or job to build the station then the primary focus of having fun....So you need to be smart about your choice. Choose a fleet that focuses on the aspect you most enjoy, that doesn't mean you can't do other things; just that a fleet who's focus matches yours will spend more time on what you enjoy.
4. Does my character concept match the fleet concept? A Cardassian that doesn't like the Federation probably won't be in a Federation task force or Fleet. A Vulcan won't be found in an Andorian Fleet. you get the point.
5. Do you want to be on teamspeak/voice server? Many fleets avoid it while others require it.
6. How active should your fleet be on Fleet website/STO forums etc.
7. Time zones/when do you play compared to when the fleet is usually on. You may be in the Eastern U.S. but play during times which AUS, Europeans are on.
Answer those and provide that information and it will help fleets know what you want.
I'm sure I'm missing some things, so others may add to this. At least it is a start.
Have fun in whatever fleet you choose, just stay out of Cardassian space (you Federation Opressor) :D
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:14 PM.|