Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   useless drops from stfs (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=848471)

stulpnagel 09-07-2013 02:37 PM

useless drops from stfs

Please come back SEASON 6, is it just me or drops from stfs are pure CRAP!
I wont get a single purple thing in like 50 queues, this is really shame, this game is really pissing me off:mad:

timezarg 09-07-2013 03:02 PM

They've always been crap. Even some of the purple drops are crap. The reason the drops aren't worth anything beyond the vendor value is because so many people run STFs, the supply might as well be unlimited.

skollulfr 09-07-2013 03:06 PM

stf's arent described as loot runs anyway.
though the lack of focus between different queues and the lack of any notable link between effort & reward in any of the team pve is an issue across the whole game.

though that you are convinced x y & z items are crap is a big show as to the balance in this game.

dahminus 09-07-2013 03:07 PM

I consider borg neural processors, omega marks, and the dil something of worth...

zipagat 09-07-2013 04:43 PM

The loot from STFs has always been crap tbh, though loot is not the main reason to run them. Omega marks and borg neural processors are far more valuable as they are used to acquire the best gear and items.

bitemepwe 09-07-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stulpnagel (Post 12309901)
Please come back SEASON 6, is it just me or drops from stfs are pure CRAP!
I wont get a single purple thing in like 50 queues, this is really shame, this game is really pissing me off:mad:

It is a shame that STF's do not have higher than average quality of drops as a matter of course. As special task force such a better quality of drop shoild be a given.

dahminus 09-07-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitemepwe (Post 12312311)
It is a shame that STF's do not have higher than average quality of drops as a matter of course. As special task force such a better quality of drop shoild be a given.

You don't want the old way...extremely low chance for a piece if gear to drop that getas rolled for.../shudder

Current way allows people to get maco/khg gear

stofsk 09-07-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahminus (Post 12312491)
You don't want the old way...extremely low chance for a piece if gear to drop that getas rolled for.../shudder

Current way allows people to get maco/khg gear

I had no difficulty in getting MACO/Omega/KHG gear under the old system. Under the current system I can't even get the set I want until I reach Tier V Omega rep. Which takes a month assuming I log in every day to set the two rep projects (which assumes I also have enough O-marks for said projects, and also assumes that by the end I will have stockpiled thousands in order to buy whatever set I want).

This is not a better system. It's not a move up, it's a move sideways.

rezking 09-07-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timezarg (Post 12310071)
The reason the drops aren't worth anything beyond the vendor value is because so many people run STFs, the supply might as well be unlimited.

What's ironic about that is the Rep system was forced upon us because of the complaints from players that wanted the gear without playing the STF missions.
So, now these lazy petaQ *suffer* through one or 2 STF's every few days to get the Omega Marks they need for the Rep...and eventually the endgame MK XII sets.

We went from actually playing the missions for the gear to minimal participation for full access.
Hang your head in shame, Cryptic.

timezarg 09-07-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitemepwe (Post 12312311)

Actually, I disagree. With a competent team, you can run an Elite Space STF in about 10-20 minutes. For that, you get nearly 1k dilithium, a bunch of Omega Marks, the vendorable drops/rewards (which will usually net you anywhere from 50-200k EC) AND the Borg Neural Processors, which can also be used to net you another 1k dilithium for every 5 BNPs.

Compared to a number of areas in the game, the eSTFs are already chock-full of rewards.

EDIT: Plus, you can get certain valuable gear using the Omega marks and the BNPs.