"Interview a Dev" Web Article Feature - Sep. 2013 [Interview Submission Period Ended]
As mentioned here, we will be having a variety of new web article features that rotate monthly.
June saw the player requested Dev Blog on "Episode Development", July had the "State of the Game" article, and we published the poll recap/ Dev discussion ("dStahl Tals Voyager") in August.
For this month, we will be running the "Interview a Dev" web article feature! Have you always wanted to sit down and interview a Dev? Maybe learn more about them, what they do and what they are working on? This is your chance!
Please reply to this thread with the following:
We'll pick one of the submissions tomorrow afternoon and work on a Dev Blog with answers that should be posted before the end of the month.
We're very much looking forward to what interviews you come up with. Engage!
EDIT: P.S. Any posts that do not contain the 2 requirements above, including posts that say "reserved", will be removed. Please add both these items before posting. Thanks! :)
Definitly want to meet the STO foundry devs.
1. Who actually works on the Foundry in STO and what is their relationship with the core team?
2. What were the results fo your recent Foundry review?
3. How do you feel about the current state of the Foundry in STO and what do you feel works well/needs to change?
4. What are the teams ultimate goals for the Foundry?
5. What is being done to clean up and improve the Foundry search?
6. What do you think it means for the Foundry to be "in Beta" and what will it take for the Foundry to get "out of Beta?"
7. Are we going to see any of the long standing Foundry bugs fixed?
8. What's actually involved in importing an asset/costume/map into the foundry?
What an awesome idea.
These questions are from me (kirimuffin), for Christine Thompson:
1. How many missions have you now written for the game, in total?
2. What is your current favorite mission in the game?
3. If you could go back and rewrite one of your story missions, which one would it be, and why?
4. Without getting into too many specifics (I know you really can't), is there any particular direction in which you'd want to take future story content? (For example, you wrote the Romulan missions to be more personal and intimate; will future missions be that way, or is there another direction you'd like to take the story?)
5. What sort of tech would you like to see added to the engine to expand your storytelling potential?
Questions for CaptainGecko or relevant developer:
1. Right now there is a [W->S], which helps escorts, but there isn't a [A->S] mod, which would be highly valuable for science vessels. The [S->A] mod is currently ingame, but it just doesn't work as well as [A->S] could. Can we please get the [A->S] warp core bonus power mod added into the game?
2. Have you considered the possibility of adding an auxiliary powered beam bank or dual beam bank for all science vessels exclusively, similar to the vesta's auxiliary dual heavy cannons?
3. On the ground engineers use mines frequently. Is there any chance of adding Dispersal Pattern Beta and Alpha to Cruisers in a similar manner to the way Subsystem Targetting was added to all Science Vessels?
4. Romulan Warbirds combined with their bridge officers provide a significant advantage over their Federation or Klingon Defense Force counterparts. Are there any plans to give the Romulan faction a balance pass?
Questions for Mr Stahl:
1. What is your honest assessment of the current state of Star Trek Online?
2. Any decisions you've made for the game, that given hindsight, you would've done differently?
3. If yes to the above, what might one of those decisions be?
4. Would you be in favor of a major "bug smashing" patch, to get rid of long-standing bugs that have been plaguing the game since launch?
5. Will Crafting and/or Exploration ever get the much needed, and often promised love, or will it continuously be swept aside by other priorities?
6. Any chance of simplifying the Reputation grinds, possibly making the better gear available earlier, or making reputation status account-based rather than character-based?
7. Will we ever see some much needed love to the GPL system?
8. And finally, will Lobi Crystals ever be made account-bound?
Thank you for the opportunity
To Lead Designer Al "CaptainGeko" Rivera or any the Dev that handles fleets...
Recently we had an update to fleet security to help protect fleets from "hostile takeovers". This is awesome. Thank you.
Currently we can monitor who deposits/withdraws items from a fleet's fleet bank, this allows fleet leadership to keep an eye on items as well as keep an eye out for potential abuse. However there is no system in place to monitor fleet assets (weapons, shields, ships, etc.). Is it possible to put one in place? Even one similar to the fleet bank system. To see who is taking what items. It seems odd that we can keep track of "standard" items, but ultra rare fleet items which cost the fleet time and effort to provision have no way of being tracked.
To Lead Designer Al "CaptainGeko" Rivera or any the Dev wants to answer...
Edoans/Edosians as a playable race or even as a BoFF? Is it possible? Q can change players into Undine so the mechanic is kinda there.... can we make this happen? :D
Any Dev who wishes to answer
Its official Voyager 1 just left the Solar System and has gone where no space probe has gone before....can we celebrate with a Voyager 1 Pet? or maybe even an Ornament at the starbase?
Question #4...the burning one...
Any Dev who wishes to answer
What does the glowing Lockbox on top of the cargo containers in Starbase Incursion do???
Thank you again for the opportunity to ask these questions. :)
captaian geko and bort , end game content team
1 would there be another style mirror style event like DS9 underseige for XP
2 with no one realy playing ground STF's could there ba change with increased marks for beating the mini bosses
3 when will the crafting reputaiong becoming out, also customizable kits and elite kits
4 with the new Romlan ships will there be fleet versions of them
5 with future holdins coming out will be able to get fleet versions of cstore ships
6 is there going to be ultra versions of STF ground and space sets, hint 4028 suit
To the dev team that works on the Romulan faction
1. The Romulan faction; what justified the cloak damage boost with supporting Romulan bridge officer traits when the Federation and KDF have nothing to compare?
2. These ship 2p bonuses; again, how is something as powerful as the T'varo 2p only available to the Romulan faction?
3. How is the Romulan story line coming along? Has the ending been decided upon?
4. I myself don't have any issues with Mr. Tovan, but there seems to a much hate foe the guy. Any tid bits if he is to stay or does his future seem bleak?
5. Quite curious, could you give any insight on the possibility of future faction? And if so, will you be working on them? The Romulan storyline was terrific, would love to see the same magic in the future
To Dev in charge of costumes and uniforms
1.) The old feminine stance. Can we have it back in a Z-store version? No woman Ive ever met stands like the new feminine stance. BTW they still use that stance in Champions, AND can we have some of the stances they use in Champions added in. Im willing to pay the cost of a starship in Zen to have some new stances. I know im not alone.
To the STO ship team
1. Despite claims, will we ever see any other player-created starship contests, or even any starships created by players ingame ever again?
2. Recently there was a ship artist opening posted here. Have you hired any new artists yet, and have they started working?
3. Can you give us a quick look in how you usually make a ship model (from conception to when you give it over for stats)
4. A while ago, JamJamz stated that they were working on refurbishing player/NPC ships that needed attention, such as the Intrepid. Any updates on that?
5. Got any "sneak peeks" of new ships you can give us?
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:12 AM.|