Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Something is happening... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=854431)

praxi5 09-15-2013 05:42 AM

Something is happening...

I've had 3 awesome pug matches in the public queues the past few days.

People were calling targets (on both sides) and cross-healing was abundant. And it wasn't pure vape matches either, there was definitely a sense of excitement of having a couple people hurting pretty bad and having to spread heals around while still pumping out damage against the other guys, instead of the standard "blink and you're dead."

The public queues are getting better, and this is definitely a good thing.

truewarper 09-15-2013 05:44 AM

Nice to know....

antoniosalieri 09-15-2013 05:50 AM

I think you can blame Zenith... and Naz... and a bunch of other folks who are pushing the TD fight club matches.

I have not had the time to be on myself as much as I like at hours I would be able to get PvPing... but the matches I have been in....

We are seeing lots of new (or semi new) players show up... and after a few good rounds... its amazing how fast they tweak there builds.... and hell even dump the Silly P2W stuff. (its funny if you balance matches with with console use in mind... they all seem to loose them off there ships after a few rounds, after a TIF-Gravity Pulse- AMS -ect ect guy has to deal with the same build on the other side, ya no one really enjoys that stuff. lol).

I half joke... its good to know the Ques are having some good matches, super glad to hear that.

Seriosuly though my money is on ... combo of new players learning the ropes faster when we don't pug stomp them... and also that at least Some of the guys that may have unknowingly (I'm being diplomatic) been pug stomping are now in on the little STO Fight Club Secret.

kolln95 09-15-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by praxi5 (Post 12413451)
I've had 3 awesome pug matches in the public queues the past few days.

People were calling targets (on both sides) and cross-healing was abundant. And it wasn't pure vape matches either, there was definitely a sense of excitement of having a couple people hurting pretty bad and having to spread heals around while still pumping out damage against the other guys, instead of the standard "blink and you're dead."

The public queues are getting better, and this is definitely a good thing.

Very good to hear some positive feedback of the public queues finally. I can only hope that this will be better and better.

Of course, I do hope, too, that some folks may own the same experience soon. This is definitely an awesome news.

I can only encourage everyone to try the queues, and be a teammember, help your team whoever you play with and against.

See you in the queues!

grakk777 09-15-2013 09:23 AM

This is encouraging

g0h4n4 09-15-2013 10:15 AM

Very good matches I have been into. Zenith has been herding the sheep with his cattle prods

mdwgardiner1701 09-15-2013 10:22 PM

I have a love/hate relationship with PuGs. A good one is always a breath of fresh air. Glad to hear that there are some around.

Though I've been having an absolute blast playing in the Tyler Durden games. If anyone thinks that PvP is borked, broken or whatever I offer TD as an example that it is not.

g0h4n4 09-16-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdwgardiner1701 (Post 12420571)
I have a love/hate relationship with PuGs. A good one is always a breath of fresh air. Glad to hear that there are some around.

Though I've been having an absolute blast playing in the Tyler Durden games. If anyone thinks that PvP is borked, broken or whatever I offer TD as an example that it is not.

Many a games I have enjoyed playing against you Gardiner/Decis, hopefully more Insta Vapeage :)

naz4 09-16-2013 01:50 AM

Zenith shall herd them and I shall be his disciple calling all the disbelievers to the TD light :)

g0h4n4 09-16-2013 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naz4 (Post 12421551)
Zenith shall herd them and I shall be his disciple calling all the disbelievers to the TD light :)

He's been herding the sheep for slaughter.....pew pew