Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Romulan Flotilla (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=381)
-   -   Bug? Tactical Carrier - no new model? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=857911)

telbasta7386 09-19-2013 11:44 AM

Bug? Tactical Carrier - no new model?

The patch notes, if I read them correctly, indicated that the ar'kif and ar'kala would be getting an art update to display a hangar bay on the model with the addition of a hangar bay to the ship's abilities.

I'm not seeing any changes at all to the ship models though, in the ship tailor. Did the new art not get put through or what?

mreeves7a 09-19-2013 11:56 AM

The new hangar is visible on the underside of the tactical warbird's hull, but it is very small due to the fact that the warbirds are so large. it is easiest to see on the Ar'kala skin, look for the red lights that outline the hangar door.

davidwford 09-19-2013 12:09 PM

In that case, they should ahve made two varients. One that is a carrier, and one that isn't with different stats (sych as reduced hull for the carrier) to further offset them.

similon 09-19-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidwford (Post 12473851)
In that case, they should ahve made two varients. One that is a carrier, and one that isn't with different stats (sych as reduced hull for the carrier) to further offset them.

That would entirely defeat the point of adding the hanger bay. It was an attempt to stop it being totally outclassed by the Scimitar and the Mogai/Dhelan/T'Varo retrofits.

mustafatennick 09-19-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidwford (Post 12473851)

What drugs have you been taking

Why even post this, why even bother looking

You need a hobby or a new grind...

telbasta7386 09-19-2013 01:49 PM

Ok, I took a second look and I see it now... it's tiny compared to the rest of the ship, I was hoping for something more akin to the atrox's bays (like a single one down the middle).

This looks more like just a regular shuttlebay on any fed ship, kinda disappointing but more appropriate I suppose.

You're right that it's much easier to spot on the ar'kala hull, the other barely shows it. Since only the retrofit ar'kif has the hangar slot, it would have been nice if they had added a third set of ship components - head, hull, wings, nacelles, and exhaust ports, to improve overall customization. Instead we're still stuck with just the two.

johankreig 09-21-2013 05:14 AM

mine stil come out of my engines, cant seem to find anything underneeth mine.

similon 09-21-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johankreig (Post 12499401)
mine stil come out of my engines, cant seem to find anything underneeth mine.

Yeah, hanger craft never actually fly out of hangers. Even with Vo'quv, Kar'Fi & Atrox, they still often appear in the middle of nowhere.

But the hanger on the Ar'Kif is definitely there, and quite brightly illuminated.

davidwford 09-23-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustafatennick (Post 12474511)
What drugs have you been taking

Why even post this, why even bother looking

You need a hobby or a new grind...

Well, Forgive me! I was a little fatiuged and had some spelling errors. It happens to the best of us.

I was saying that the hull for the carrier should be less than the non-carrier version. By getting the hangar, there is a trade off. And those who want the varient WITHOUT the hangar should get something in exchange.