Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   Tribble Updated Today (9/20/13) + Gold & Silver Member Tribble Access Update (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=858911)

pwebranflakes 09-20-2013 12:07 PM

Tribble Updated Today (9/20/13) + Gold & Silver Member Tribble Access Update

UPDATE (9/20 @3:21PM): Tribble is back up!

Hello Captains,

We will be temporarily bringing Tribble down later today as we prepare it to be used for testing new code. We expect Tribble to be brought back up with a new build before the end of the day.

When Tribble does become available again, it will not be to test Season 8 content. We do have a testing plan for the content in Season 8 and will provide more updates on it as it becomes available. In the meantime, the upcoming patch notes for Tribble will include further details on what will be available for testing.

Additionally, when Tribble is brought back up, only Gold Members will be able to log into the server for the time being.

Thanks,

The Star Trek Online Team

chalpen 09-20-2013 12:10 PM

So if I understand correctly, only gold members will be able to test on tribble but there is nothing to test?

megtrekkie 09-20-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chalpen (Post 12487371)
So if I understand correctly, only gold members will be able to test on tribble but there is nothing to test?

]]

yep there only adding new code im gonna have a guess here there gonna do a character wipe to they wont do season 8 after they bring the feature story arc yet

kirimuffin 09-20-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chalpen (Post 12487371)

...no. The post right above yours specifically says, "the upcoming patch notes for Tribble will include further details on what will be available for testing."

blassreiterus 09-20-2013 12:30 PM

Thanks for the update, Bran. Eagerly waiting to see what is coming later today.

burstdragon323 09-20-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwebranflakes (Post 12487311)
Hello Captains,

We will be temporarily bringing Tribble down later today as we prepare it to be used for testing new code. We expect Tribble to be brought back up with a new build before the end of the day

Will this new code change the system requirements?

robdmc 09-20-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Gold Members

I perfer to think of myself as being more of a gold Subscriber then a gold member.Don't know why but every time I read that I keep thinking austin powers.

toiva 09-20-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Additionally, when Tribble is brought back up, only Gold Members will be able to log into the server for the time being.

Whenever I see 'for the time being', I have a feeling it will take a long time indeed. Is it just me?

As a silver, I sure like to jump on Tribble every now and then.

pwebranflakes 09-20-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burstdragon323 (Post 12488171)
Will this new code change the system requirements?

No, it shouldn't. This is the same process we go through before every season launches (except with the Gold/Silver Member access changes being something that was not done in the past).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

robdmc 09-20-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toiva (Post 12488511)
Whenever I see 'for the time being', I have a feeling it will take a long time indeed. Is it just me?

As a silver, I sure like to jump on Tribble every now and then.

You will have access to redshirt. that is coming up today.