Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Romulan Flotilla (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=381)
-   -   Temporal Destory for Rom Sci? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=864781)

bertiewooster 09-26-2013 08:11 PM

Temporal Destory for Rom Sci?
 
I've become increasingly annoyed with how huge and slow the Ha'nom is for my sci captain. I was thinking about saving up lobi for the temporal destroyer, but I'm wondering if it will work very well or not for a sci captain since it's really an escort. In my experience, Sci + Escort = okay, but not great, however, the flexibility of this ship with 2 universal slots is very appealing. Thoughts? I'm also levelling up a tac rommy so I could get it for him otherwise...

lianthelia 09-26-2013 09:34 PM

You can do okay with it, just because you're a Sci doesn't mean you can't fly it. If you're looking for something light, agile, and somewhat science-y maybe go for the T'varo or Dhelan...though the Temporal Destroyers do have two Uni slots...they kinda need to be used as Sci and Eng.

Oh and if you do decide to go for the Destroyer you might be better off selling keys and buying a Destroyer on the exchange, it's quicker and cheaper.

dknight0001 09-27-2013 06:14 AM

Also worth noting the Romulan Temporal Destroyer isn't a Romulan vessel. No Battle Cloak and no Singularity Core.

Shame you can't give the Dhelan a try it's a Sci Heavy Escort, same as the T'Varo.

bertiewooster 09-27-2013 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lianthelia (Post 12589791)
Oh and if you do decide to go for the Destroyer you might be better off selling keys and buying a Destroyer on the exchange, it's quicker and cheaper.

...Or, I could sell keys and get a Temporal Science Vessel. However, I know that's probably the most expensive thing you can get on the exchange, I haven't checked the prices recently

lianthelia 09-27-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bertiewooster (Post 12594591)
...Or, I could sell keys and get a Temporal Science Vessel. However, I know that's probably the most expensive thing you can get on the exchange, I haven't checked the prices recently

Yeah that too, I can't imagine them getting cheaper though with what looks to be like dev attempts to help Science. Now might be a good time to strike...earlier the better if you have the zen or ec.

bertiewooster 09-27-2013 02:19 PM

I might just save my zen/dilithium/ec and get a c-store ship instead...that way, I can get more mileage out of it since I can use it on all my (romulan) account characters. If I get the temporal destroyer and it totally doesn't work for the character, I'm stuck with it...I can't use it on a different character that it might be more suitable for.

lianthelia 09-27-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bertiewooster (Post 12600781)
I might just save my zen/dilithium/ec and get a c-store ship instead...that way, I can get more mileage out of it since I can use it on all my (romulan) account characters. If I get the temporal destroyer and it totally doesn't work for the character, I'm stuck with it...I can't use it on a different character that it might be more suitable for.

That is a idea "nods".

Like I said the T'varo and Dhelan can be made pretty science-y for escorts if you like that idea.

warmaker001b 09-27-2013 06:26 PM

Wanting to fly a non cloakable ship with a Romulan/Reman captain is a terrible waste. You might as well roll regular KDF or Fed. All the advantages of Romulan captains & BOFFs point towards cloaked warfare OP'ness, which just BEGS for cloak use.

aevlom 09-28-2013 08:34 PM

The T'Varo is still my favorite ship to fly with my science captain, and I own almost all of the Romulan ships.
You still have more than enough tactical BO skills if you slot a second science officer in the universal station.
The layout that works best for me is 2 DHC, Romulan experimental beam array, and Romulan hyper-plasma torp fore, and 2 plasma turrets and a plasma torp aft.
The destabilized plasma torp makes it that much more fun.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:21 AM.