Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Saucer Commands (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=868781)

aiden089 10-01-2013 08:22 AM

Saucer Commands

Would anyone else like to see pet commands (similar to carrier shuttles) for Saucer sections and for the aquarius vessel?

Think this would be a good feature, please discuss :)

uss917019 10-01-2013 08:33 AM

If they do the same command interface as the HEC on to the MVAM i will be leaving my FHEC and go back to my FMVAE because right now the saucers are useless when there deployed i only separate because it gives me a good turn rate.

Plus what they do they always get lost and then when you found your pet... hes dead!

aiden089 10-01-2013 08:47 AM

Agreed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by uss917019 (Post 12652331)
...right now the saucers are useless when there deployed i only separate because it gives me a good turn rate.

Plus what they do they always get lost and then when you found your pet... hes dead!

Could not have said it better myself! Come on devs lets make this change happen!:)

roxbad 10-01-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiden089 (Post 12652211)
Would anyone else like to see pet commands (similar to carrier shuttles) for Saucer sections and for the aquarius vessel?

Yes. I would like to see that.

markhawkman 10-01-2013 09:17 AM

and pretty much all combat pets really.... fighters are currently the anomaly here. :(

kintisho 10-01-2013 10:00 AM

+1 to carrier controls being available on ALL ships (we can deploy fighters from any ship with the device slotted fighters available from multiple sources)

roxbad 10-01-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uss917019 (Post 12652331)

I have a personal objective for successful missions, which is to have a live saucer at the end. If, it's dead (meaning the bulk of my crew died with it) I feel I failed part of the mission. Of course, I can reattach it during the mission. That eventually brings the crew back up, but until the crew recovers, it leaves me with 10% crew. And a greatly reduced turning radius, until the cool-down allows me to detach again (not good for using Dual Beams).

Having some type of automatic focus, would help to keep an eye on its condition, so it can be healed/assisted as necessary to keep it alive.

Yeah. Among any new saucer commands, a simple "stay", would be nice.

capnshadow27 10-06-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roxbad (Post 12653521)
I have a personal objective for successful missions, which is to have a live saucer at the end. If, it's dead (meaning the bulk of my crew died with it) I feel I failed part of the mission. Of course, I can reattach it during the mission. That eventually brings the crew back up, but until the crew recovers, it leaves me with 10% crew. And a greatly reduced turning radius, until the cool-down allows me to detach again (not good for using Dual Beams).

Having some type of automatic focus, would help to keep an eye on its condition, so it can be healed/assisted as necessary to keep it alive.

Yeah. Among any new saucer commands, a simple "stay", would be nice.

Stay would be nice. Attack my target would be nice too. Also Stay on my gorram side of the map would be EPIC.

This should be available for essentially anything that produces "help" I.E. Photonic fleet, aquarius, Saucer and chevron seps, and whatever else pops off your ships no matter the faction.

Only things that shouldnt be controllable are fleet consumables, fleet support, and nimbus pirates....

orangeitis 10-06-2013 11:16 PM

I'd like to see that, and the ability to customize their loadouts. Though I guess that would be equivalent to NPC enemies having varied equipment. No idea how plausible it would be from a development perspective.

capnshadow27 10-07-2013 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangeitis (Post 12741221)
I'd like to see that, and the ability to customize their loadouts. Though I guess that would be equivalent to NPC enemies having varied equipment. No idea how plausible it would be from a development perspective.

Customizable no, if it mirrored your setup yes. Even though it really doesnt matter as nothing on the ship boosts things that are detached from the ship.