Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Romulan Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=371)
-   -   Why are very rare superior romulan operative boffs so much more expensive than? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=875251)

no09dysonsphere 10-08-2013 12:11 PM

Why are very rare superior romulan operative boffs so much more expensive than?
 
The rare versions? I mean aren't they functionally equivalent for space and you're not going to use either for ground anyway? Does the color matter that much or is there something I'm missing?

marc8219 10-08-2013 01:33 PM

rares are just as good in space, and good enough on ground still, very rares aren't worth it.

telbasta7386 10-08-2013 03:58 PM

I'm refraining from spending my money trying to get a full set of SRO's, I figure they'll be nerfed and not stack anymore fairly soon.

doffingcomrade 10-21-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no09dysonsphere (Post 12774011)
The rare versions? I mean aren't they functionally equivalent for space and you're not going to use either for ground anyway? Does the color matter that much or is there something I'm missing?

Yes, but you're missing a very important thing: They are PURPLE.

saxfire 10-21-2013 01:10 AM

purples are cooler, they get 1 more superior trait in ground, ig ot purple letheans instead of blue, I know they don't differ from eachother other than my purple having 2.5% more dmg/healing in ground abilities, but since I got money I can just buty the pretty one, why buy orion boffs when they suck? because they are pretty.

hereticknight085 10-21-2013 03:20 AM

Shhhhhh!!! Don't say anything or the exchange prices will go up!

milanvorius 10-21-2013 03:57 AM

All the cool kids have purple. Blues are so last season.

varnoukh 10-21-2013 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no09dysonsphere (Post 12774011)
I mean aren't they functionally equivalent for space and you're not going to use either for ground anyway? Does the color matter that much or is there something I'm missing?

Maybe I'm missing something but why wouldn't you use them for ground?

That's the point, I think. Purples with sro tend to have better ground traits than blues with sro. It's not a huge deal but if you've a blue and a purple available why not use the purple?

feiqa 10-21-2013 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by varnoukh (Post 13012791)
Maybe I'm missing something but why wouldn't you use them for ground?

That's the point, I think. Purples with sro tend to have better ground traits than blues with sro. It's not a huge deal but if you've a blue and a purple available why not use the purple?

WHAT?? Use a purple? They might get scuffed! And it means you took them out of their box! :eek:

warmaker001b 10-21-2013 05:51 PM

Because the demand is there?

Very Rare BOFFs tend to have much better traits all around. If all you are after are a specific trait, and a Rare BOFF has it, then it works just as well for your intended purpose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by telbasta7386 (Post 12780731)
I'm refraining from spending my money trying to get a full set of SRO's, I figure they'll be nerfed and not stack anymore fairly soon.

It has been almost 6 months since LOR hit. When do you think Cryptic will tweak that?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:56 AM.