Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Official Dyson Joint Command Reputation Feedback Thread (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=879001)

salamiinferno 10-11-2013 04:24 PM

Official Dyson Joint Command Reputation Feedback Thread

Official Dyson Joint Command Reputation Feedback Thread

Please leave all your comments, questions, feedback, and concerns right here! Remember, this is reputation involves a pretty heavy revamp of the system in general so read the patch notes!

oracle54 10-11-2013 05:01 PM

So, is there a chance of the new Reputation Store setup making it's way to the Omega and Nukara Reps, and if so, what would happen for people who've already unlocked them?
To put it simply: Would we get a refund?

milanvorius 10-11-2013 07:43 PM

The new 200xp per hour mission will make it more tedious to get at least 2800xp per day for multiple toons if I understand it correctly, unless I can start several at a time.

That said it is great for 1 toon, it permits more points kind of, for people without jobs and kids and all that nonsense. Assuming you can now log in 4 times over 4 hours instead of once per day for a couple hours.

Most notably to me though, as I understand it, its worse for alts than the old way.

entnx01 10-11-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milanvorius (Post 12849831)
The new 200xp per hour mission will make it more tedious to get at least 2800xp per day for multiple toons if I understand it correctly, unless I can start several at a time.

That said it is great for 1 toon, it permits more points kind of, for people without jobs and kids and all that nonsense. Assuming you can now log in 4 times over 8 hours instead of once per day for a couple hours.

Most notably to me though, as I understand it, its worse for alts than the old way.

I'll have to agree here.

The 2k XP project change is wonderful, honestly. 1 event, you get the Commendation daily, and you have no Expertise or commodity inputs to worry about.

The 200 XP-per-hour project, though, is a killer. I can't stay on STO for 4 hours during school season to gain 800 XP off these smaller XP projects. And at that point, we're just talking about 1 character, no alts.

If this rep's gear is going to be pretty good (which would have to mean "at least as good as Omega Rep gear"), the Mark rewards need to be similar to Omega. I think I saw someone say 33 Marks on elite??? What do STFs award on Elite again? If it's not that many at least, don't bother with an Elite queue would be my suggestion.

I like the reward of a random piece of equipment for every XP project that gets completed. Nice touch! :)

I'd say if you're going to implement the system the way it is, at least bump the 200 XP project to 300. That way in 2 hours, while it's a bit more XP than the other reps, you're not sitting there feeling like you're wasting time over a 4-hour span.

raptor63549 10-11-2013 08:25 PM

Indeed, I do like that if we are playing more we can unlock thigs more quickly, but the break even point being 4 hours is too extreme. Consider making the timer on the short project 20 minutes (break even at 1 hr 20 min) to 30 minutes (break even at 2 hours), or increase the reward a bit.

I do enjoy the fact that we won't have to run store unlocks to get access to th store, and the removed lower mark gear is good since the redundancy isn't really needed since people usually don't go for lower marks (though if you do this to all the reps, it might be a bad idea to remove mk xi stf armor, integral remod is important).

Also I agree with having an ec cost rather than materials since all large hypos and provisions ammount to is a middle man for using EC anyways

I wouldn't say the grind has really decreased any though. Having to start a project 4 times just to break even may make it more grindy. Again 4 hours is too long
===
As for gear, new consoles for every slot sounds interesting

also I see the new space set includes a warp core. I do hope you only go to a 3-set bonus so we are encouraged to mix and match a bit. I also hope this paves the way to introduce warp cores to the other sets.

frtoaster 10-11-2013 11:45 PM

1. In the "Assets" tab of the inventory window, Dyson Sphere Marks are called "Dyson Commendation". This is too long. Shorten it to "Dyson" so that it matches the length of the other mark types.

http://i.imgur.com/DRh94GS.jpg

2. I'm concerned about the proliferation of stuff we need to store in our inventories and banks. We already have Borg Neural Processors. Now, you are adding Dyson Joint Command Commendations and Voth Cybernetic Implants. Why can't these be a type of mark? I believe that Borg Neural Processors were originally Elite Omega Marks. What happened to that design?

3. This next comment is more about the fleet system than the reputation system. We now have embassy provisions, dilithium mine provisions, and spire provisions in the replicator. As you add new fleet holdings, the list will only grow. I can't think of a reason why these need to be separate provision types. Replacing them with a single type of fleet holding provision would simplify the fleet system and reduce space in the replicator window.

4. Another thing you might want to consider is the balance between damage and damage resistance in design of the reputation passives and active ability. Damage has no cap, while damage resistance asymptotically approaches 75% as damage resistance rating (DRR) approaches infinity. The tier 1 and tier 2 passives don't seem balanced to me: +10% crit severity vs. +5 DRR. Most people have some type of armor (both ground and space), so I'm not sure how much that +5 to DRR will actually add to their damage resistance. The 10% increase to crit severity might not be so much if a critical hit were fairly rare, but people can stack crit chance from multiple sources these days. The tier 3 and tier 4 passives are possibly balanced: 0 to 75 DRR vs. 0 to 25% more damage. The tier 5 ability grants +33% to damage and +1000 to DRR. I'm not sure how you chose the number 1000, but effectively, this will push someone's damage resistance to 75%. Also, what is the cooldown on the tier 5 ability?

5. The new ground weapons seem to do proton damage. I hope existing armors have resistance to this damage type.

6. I assume the new equipment will eventually be added to the DS9 vendor for testing.

starkaos 10-12-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frtoaster (Post 12853891)
1. In the "Assets" tab of the inventory window, Dyson Sphere Marks are called "Dyson Commendation". This is too long. Shorten it to "Dyson" so that it matches the length of the other mark types.

Dyson Marks and Dyson Commendations are two completely different things. Dyson Marks are for doing projects and the 200 rep project while Dyson Commendations are strictly for the 2000 rep project.

erei1 10-12-2013 12:54 AM

As I understand it, you now have to do several instance/day/char to have 2800rep. Before that, I was able to do only 1/char/day for the same result (1 ISE, or 1nukara ground reward enough, especially during the mark event).
Which make it a nerf, instead of a buff, as I will need to do a lot more instance than before, for the same result.

khayuung 10-12-2013 12:56 AM

Saurian... STOMP!

amosov78 10-12-2013 01:05 AM

I tend to only concentrate on doing to 2000xp one in the rep systems anyway, so this isn';t too big a concern for me, but clearly will be for others.

My main concern is the following: Dyson Joint Command Commendations. What kind of "daily" are we talking about here to get this? Is it something like the Romulan patrol dailies or is it something that requires us to do queued missions/events?

See, I don't do things like STF's or queued events/missions, I also have nine VA's that I'm attempting to do the rep systems with; so the question is how is this new system an improvement over the old one exactly, and how badly screwed would some of my characters be when this new setup proliferates to the other rep systems?