Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Star Trek Online WIKI - Info on skills, gear, ships, races and more! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=88305)

Archived Post 01-29-2010 09:23 AM

Star Trek Online WIKI - Info on skills, gear, ships, races and more!
 
Below is a link to the Star Trek Online wiki, the most helpful place that I've found so far for any player, new or not.

http://sto-intel.org/wiki/Main_Page

Archived Post 01-29-2010 09:33 AM

prefer this one myself

http://stowiki.org/wiki/Main_Page

intel is too blue

Archived Post 01-29-2010 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemming64 (Post 1759790)
prefer this one myself

http://stowiki.org/wiki/Main_Page

intel is too blue



Never seen that one. THanks for the post. :)

Archived Post 01-29-2010 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tor
Never seen that one. THanks for the post. :)

Nice to see support for my wiki, but let's not hijack this thread with other wiki sites. :)

Tor, you have a great wiki going there. It's cool to see more wikis spring up... it's a motivational factor for all to try to make their wiki the best, which means better information for STO players! Win-win. :)

Archived Post 01-29-2010 09:41 AM

I've found 3 more wiki's:

- Memory Alpha http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Star_Trek_Online

- ST:O Wiki http://startrekonline.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Trek_Online_Wiki

- ST:O Gekkipedia http://www.stogeek.com/wiki/Main_Page

Guess we'll see whom puts the most effort into thier's and takes the lead here :)

Archived Post 01-29-2010 09:41 AM

do we really need more than one wiki for STO? Wouldn't it work better to have all the data in one place?

Archived Post 01-29-2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattaio (Post 1760276)
I've found 3 more wiki's:

- Memory Alpha http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Star_Trek_Online

- ST:O Wiki http://startrekonline.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Trek_Online_Wiki

- ST:O Gekkipedia http://www.stogeek.com/wiki/Main_Page

Guess we'll see whom puts the most effort into thier's and takes the lead here :)

Memory Alpha isn't an STO wiki, per se, but a more general Star Trek canon wiki.

Still, you're absolutely right. As I said above, the more wikis spring up, the more we'll see the respective owners putting as much effort as possible, which means good things for players who want information on the game contents. :D

Archived Post 01-29-2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerranRich (Post 1759996)
Nice to see support for my wiki, but let's not hijack this thread with other wiki sites. :)

Tor, you have a great wiki going there. It's cool to see more wikis spring up... it's a motivational factor for all to try to make their wiki the best, which means better information for STO players! Win-win. :)

Not mine. :) Just posting it because I found it unbelievable helpful.

Archived Post 01-29-2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelSizemore
do we really need more than one wiki for STO? Wouldn't it work better to have all the data in one place?

It makes sense for different people to want to have their own wiki. It's competition, in a sense, but healthy competition. Most likely, one wiki will win out in the end (like WOWwiki is the main go-to wiki for WOW), but only time will tell. :)

Archived Post 01-29-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tor
Not mine. :) Just posting it because I found it unbelievable helpful.

Oh, well then... my wiki is the best! :D


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:43 PM.