Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Romulan Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=371)
-   -   WTT Rom Sci Boff for Reman Sci (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=884401)

desante3 10-16-2013 06:14 PM

WTT Rom Sci Boff for Reman Sci

(sorry if wrong forum)

I have a Romulan Science Boff with Superior Rom. Operative and Subterfuge. I'm looking to trade him for a Reman Sci Boff with Superior Infiltrator and Subterfuge (or sell for whatever the going rate is for the reman sci boff, which is about 9million EC).

varnoukh 10-17-2013 09:38 AM

They're not comparable in rarity.

The devs lazily screwed all Romulan players when they changed the Reman boff traits. All Reman boffs who used to have the +ambush duration bonus as part of Subterfuge lost it when it was removed and added to the new Infiltrator (for boffs) trait. Knowing how vital this trait is I'd chosen one at every opportunity on all my Romulan characters that I levelled to 50 after LOR launched and then all those boffs were all made useless.

You'll probably find a lot of players in the same position which is why they cost so much.

There is apparently an evaluate Reman Bridge Officer candidate doff assignment but I've yet to see it myself and it's not in the wiki. My guess would be it's available on/around New Romulus and or Crateris.

desante3 10-17-2013 05:44 PM

Your right - i lazily failed to check the current price of the rom boff - i should amend my willingness to trade to include the difference in market value + 1million EC commission

I just have an extra rom sci boff on my crew, and would rather trade it for a more useful reman sci boff.

varnoukh 10-18-2013 02:13 AM

I think you'd be looking at 6+ million for a Reman boff with sup infiltrator.

I imagine most people who have one spare wouldn't need / want a romulan, so you're probably better off putting your one up on the exchange and finding a reman replacement there.

alopen 10-18-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by varnoukh (Post 12969391)
I think you'd be looking at 6+ million for a Reman boff with sup infiltrator.

I imagine most people who have one spare wouldn't need / want a romulan, so you're probably better off putting your one up on the exchange and finding a reman replacement there.

This. I actually have the boff your looking for but would rather hold onto it for a future romulan alt, simply because it is so hard to come by. Romulan with sup op is much easier to get by simply leveling the alt to 15, 25, 35, and 45. I know I can at least get 2 roms with sup op that way, but the reman with sup infil is still a crap shoot. Plus since LoR I've only come by 2 remans with sup infil via the doff mission since its so rare.

varnoukh 10-18-2013 08:25 PM

Saw my first evaluate Romulan bridge officer mission today with an alt I parked at Romulan Command. Became available with yet another evaluate human bridge officer mission. I just can't seem to stop getting those.

I'll leave a few alts there for a week and check in regularly to see if that's where the Reman one pops up. I might also level a Reman to 11 and park him there just in case captain race is a factor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alopen (Post 12971451)
Plus since LoR I've only come by 2 remans with sup infil via the doff mission since its so rare.

I don't suppose you happen to remember where you got those? I read in another thread that the mission is supposed to become available about once a week, but I've yet to see it myself.

tonyalmeida2 10-18-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by varnoukh (Post 12983771)
Saw my first evaluate Romulan bridge officer mission today with an alt I parked at Romulan Command. Became available with yet another evaluate human bridge officer mission. I just can't seem to stop getting those.

I'll leave a few alts there for a week and check in regularly to see if that's where the Reman one pops up. I might also level a Reman to 11 and park him there just in case captain race is a factor.

I don't suppose you happen to remember where you got those? I read in another thread that the mission is supposed to become available about once a week, but I've yet to see it myself.

I know for a fact that you can run the Reman Boff Doff mission in Tau Dewa AND New Romulus Command. Obviously rng is rng as to when it will show up.

dova25 10-18-2013 10:54 PM

I didnt get that mission or at least see it .I have a kdf reman char ,I don't know if that matters or not.

baudl 10-18-2013 11:38 PM

seems the trait only exists for tac reman boffs...

varnoukh 10-19-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyalmeida2 (Post 12985271)
I know for a fact that you can run the Reman Boff Doff mission in Tau Dewa AND New Romulus Command. Obviously rng is rng as to when it will show up.

Thank you :)