Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Official "its not Beta what other excuses can we use" Thread (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=88477)

Archived Post 01-29-2010 10:06 AM

Official "its not Beta what other excuses can we use" Thread

So its not Beta its live so whats the apologists excuses now?

Archived Post 01-29-2010 12:57 PM

No apologies needed.

So far so good other than a bit of lag in ground combat that I didn’t see a week ago and some login issues.

What did you expect? All of the people who liked the game last week in beta to suddenly decide it sucks now that its not beta?

I for one was never expecting a huge patch like some were. I think the game could have been polished more and more content added before launch but it is complete game in its own right now. Just not as complete as i would like ..

But hey its a mmo they are always evolving and adding. Having fun. This game is killing my Frost Emblem farming time In WoW and that actually says a lot for STO

Archived Post 01-29-2010 01:01 PM

No excuses for Cryptic they "should" have been prepared for launch. That said, very few MMO launches go smoothly, companies should learn how to deal with this, but that is not the norm.

Archived Post 01-29-2010 01:05 PM

Its 'head-start' official launch isnt until 2/2 .. so we still have 4 days for the magic patch.

Archived Post 01-29-2010 01:11 PM

No magic patches needed. The game works great. A few missing options from the C-Store. Otherwise it works fine.

Just because they didn't put your favorite options, doesn't mean there's something "wrong" with the game. If crap isn't working, then you can b**ch. Til then, play the game a little more. You might enjoy it if you play rather than complain.

Archived Post 01-29-2010 01:14 PM

The game itself is running smooth as silk, its the Login and Loading that is a killer.

It is taking me an average of 20 min to load into a new instance or sector or area. ONCE in it runs fantastic, but the length of time its taking to GET in is a gamebreaker. It wasnt doing this during BETA so i suspect its patch and/or network related since it seems to be NOT affecting everyone.

Archived Post 01-29-2010 01:17 PM

It wouldn't be an mmo launch with out noob crying about something.

Archived Post 01-29-2010 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuza (Post 1761727)
It wouldn't be an mmo launch with out noob crying about something.

Guess that explains ur tears

Archived Post 01-29-2010 01:29 PM

down the hill

During OB, Cryptic said that they are installing new hardware, so we will not get this “Server not responding” + 40k ms ping any more.

I guess that the new hardware have not arrived yet , so we shall patiently wait for it to be installed.

You are so lame….it’s a rip off.
All you have to do is to tell us the f u ck ing truth , that’s it, no more ..no less.
But no , you choose to ignore your potential future customers.

That’s not the way to conduct a business, that is your way down the hill.

Archived Post 01-29-2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesus69
During OB, Cryptic said that they are installing new hardware, so we will not get this “Server not responding” + 40k ms ping any more.

I guess that the new hardware have not arrived yet , so we shall patiently wait for it to be installed.

You are so lame….it’s a rip off.
All you have to do is to tell us the f u ck ing truth , that’s it, no more ..no less.
But no , you choose to ignore your potential future customers.

That’s not the way to conduct a business, that is your way down the hill.

my guess is they simply did not purchase enough new hardware to meet demands. And they will now start purchasing more, have it installed before 'release' only to have the same problem again february 2nd when the people who do not preorder want to log in.

Cryptic's server load anticipation = fail