Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Featured Project Rerun [Now Ended] (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=885251)

pwebranflakes 10-17-2013 10:00 AM

Featured Project Rerun [Now Ended]

As of today, previously run Starbase, Embassy, and Dilithium Mine Featured Projects are available for fleets to slot and complete! Read more for additional details.

Click here to read more.

nachobizniz 10-17-2013 11:43 AM

I'm currently with Bio Legion. As we speak, Bio Legion is a huge fleet, with enough players to be running 3 federation fleets, and 1 KDF fleet. The main fleet is maxed out on all the fleet projects you can do. The problem now is with over 500 characters and I figure at least 150 players in just this main fleet... it is nearly impossible to convert fleet marks to fleet credit.

Now that I think of it, could a system be made where fleet leadership can grant bonus provisions to specific contributing members for their other services to the fleet? Grant them like a type of currency so that once a provision is granted, it belongs to the player to use as they see fit, when they see fit. This way players want to buy from fleet stores, they wont have to beg leadership for permission, and leadership won't have to deal with all the requests. I know with our fleet this is a real time consuming chore, I'm sure it is for other fleets as well. This system would effectively work like the current one, but would be more automatic while being less bothersome for both fleet members and their leaders.

May I also suggest T5 projects that will open up duty officer missions for individual members to covert marks to fleet credits? You could make them a repeatable chain of 1-3 duty officer missions, each about 1-2 days long, each converting about 500-1000 marks, and each with a very slim critical success chance (say 3%) for a bonus provision. Once completing the chain, they get a provision of their choosing. Something like that. This way players are guaranteed provisions, even if very slowly. The slower pace of this method will motivate them to continue actively serving the fleet in other capacities to obtain leadership granted provisions.

It also opens up opportunity for a new line of duty officers you could sell for zen. I don't know, call them fleet logistics or something.

Furthermore, why is there a 500 character cap on fleets? Players, I could see, but characters? May I suggest a focus for fleets to recruit players, not characters, and a limit on the number of @handles in a fleet? Our fleet of several fleets is just... difficult.

dracounguis 10-17-2013 02:14 PM

Hooray! For all those that missed the chance to waste 200,000 Dilithium, now is your time!!!!!

thlaylierah 10-17-2013 02:39 PM

Why is there even a time limit on these?

rickdias5500 10-17-2013 04:45 PM

Oh goody fleet rerun projects , yhaaaa. just toss that mess aside with the other crap that is not important.

urniv821 10-17-2013 05:02 PM

All your dilithium are belong to us.

farmallm 10-17-2013 07:30 PM

Too bad, my fleet is kinda dead. All projects are stopped, and we still hadn't got our Fleet mine up.

theultimatex 10-17-2013 11:15 PM

@BranFalesk @Cryptic.

How long until I can just pay you $20 per 200,000 refined dilithium and I can just get started on fully completing my base during on large spending spree?

Yes, I am being serious. Time is money and I have no more time left with so many games to play. That and there is a crap ton of sales where I can get PWE points for on the cheap!

dessniper 10-18-2013 10:24 AM

Something good must be coming up soon if PWE wants you to dump all your Dil into this money sink instead of saving it.

ssholeroy 10-19-2013 02:42 PM

I agree with the post about nothing to spend Fleet Marks on. We need SOMETHING to convert those marks into credits. Too often I'm in a fleet where the paltry 800 or whatever marks for a project are filled as it's listed... leaving hundreds to just burn dil or ec on provisions and crap (or worse, common DOFFs).

Please re-think the whole earning fleet mark thing! Or just have a fleet mark dump project. Anything.

Most fleets require a certain Fleet Credit contribution for promotion; for new invites, this is a big hurdle, as they have little to no dil, little to no ec, and can really only burn off their freebie common DOFFs and/or do fleet mark events (then find out the mark requirement of projects are always filled).