Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Reputation System (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Price for rep scaling question.. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=886121)

beyere 10-18-2013 05:44 AM

Price for rep scaling question..
 
I've belatedly begun grinding omega rep. As I crossed tier 2 last night, I noticed that the projects I use to earn reputation require significantly more inputs (omega marks, shield generators, &tc) for the same rep at the same time that the amount of rep needed to hit t3 is exponentially higher than it was to hit t2 (50k vs 15k vs. ?5k). Is this really the case? If so, how in blazes does anyone grind the required energy credits and omega marks to get all the way to t5 without spending every waking hour playing the game?
EB

milanvorius 10-18-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beyere (Post 12970711)
I've belatedly begun grinding omega rep. As I crossed tier 2 last night, I noticed that the projects I use to earn reputation require significantly more inputs (omega marks, shield generators, &tc) for the same rep at the same time that the amount of rep needed to hit t3 is exponentially higher than it was to hit t2 (50k vs 15k vs. ?5k). Is this really the case? If so, how in blazes does anyone grind the required energy credits and omega marks to get all the way to t5 without spending every waking hour playing the game?
EB

Have you done the other reps yet?

milanvorius 10-18-2013 07:04 AM

http://sto.gamepedia.com/List_of_Rep...sk_Force_Omega

Here is the information that I think you seek. There is suggestion that Omega could get changed to be more like Dyson, not ETA on that though so I am not sure I can advise that you wait for that change or not.

beyere 10-18-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milanvorius (Post 12971371)
Have you done the other reps yet?


I have not. I hadn't played the game except very casually until the past week or so.
EB

milanvorius 10-18-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beyere (Post 12972301)
I have not. I hadn't played the game except very casually until the past week or so.
EB

You may consider holding off on a major rep push till after S8 launches, then if you have limited time focus on the ones you want. The dyson rep looks easier to get by itself and there is some talk that it may be a template for refiting the old rep system progression.

Rommulan rep: epohh tagging is the faster, non-hassle means for ROmmie marks.
Nuksara: the CE event is great right now
Omega: Space ESTFs are the fastest.

FInd the EliteSTF channel ingame. They are putting groups together around the clock and most know what they are doing. Very very seldom do I ever fail the optional with that crew.

beyere 10-18-2013 11:25 AM

Grinding the omega marks isn't that hard. Where I'm running into increasing difficulty is with the replicated materials and, eventually, I think, the experience points. I don't get enough of either from the STFs to sustain doing the special projects as often as possible (~20h). How do you handle getting enough of those? And do you have any insight as to why it is the price for grinding rep goes up significantly as we cross omega tiers?

I hear you saying to sit tight for season 8 and I may end up doing just that, as I have 5 other max-level characters and there simply aren't enough hours in the day to grind more than just 1 right now. Of course, others may disagree..
EB

milanvorius 10-18-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beyere (Post 12975191)
Grinding the omega marks isn't that hard. Where I'm running into increasing difficulty is with the replicated materials and, eventually, I think, the experience points. I don't get enough of either from the STFs to sustain doing the special projects as often as possible (~20h). How do you handle getting enough of those? And do you have any insight as to why it is the price for grinding rep goes up significantly as we cross omega tiers?

I hear you saying to sit tight for season 8 and I may end up doing just that, as I have 5 other max-level characters and there simply aren't enough hours in the day to grind more than just 1 right now. Of course, others may disagree..
EB

The link in post 3 shows you all the omega rep project costs.

XP is the hardest thing for rep on new characters. It helps to understand the history of the rep system. It was added at a time when there was nothing really to do at the max level. There were stf's of a different flavor and all. But we were just killing things without direction and had quite a bit of XP hanging around. I still ahve a few million on one of my toons.

I recommend the mirror event for xp, but also anything that has a lot of team ship killing: gorn minefield, starbase 24, etc. I ope they eliminate XP from the rep system just cause a new, truly new to the game, not necessarily you, will have a problem getting enough xp for the rep.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:05 AM.