Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Only 2 character slots? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=88726)

Archived Post 01-29-2010 01:40 PM

Only 2 character slots?
 
They are kidding right... we spend all this money to get the DDE version; can't create our Joined Trills until it goes fully live - which imo makes the entire headstart moot; why would I want to play a character without the obvious bonuses I get from being a JT? And then once I get it patched on Steam, and login thinking I'll create a tactical alt to bum around in... I find we only get two character slots? You don't even give us enough slots to try one of each officer type? Oh wait, I can spent $200+ to get 2 additional character slots...

Hey guys... hire someone away from that OTHER really big MMO game. Maybe they can offer some good tips.

Archived Post 01-29-2010 01:43 PM

You get a 3rd when you unlock your Klingon character at 4th level. That slot can then be used for either a Klingon or Federation character. I believe you also get 2 more slots if you buy the lifetime sub before the 2nd, but don't quote me on that one in case I'm wrong :)

Archived Post 01-29-2010 01:46 PM

I think there going too add the ability to buy more character slots in the future, but i could be wrong, kind of **** that you only get two IMO, i mean WoW lets you have 50 total with a maximum of 10 per server, but at least if/when they allow you to buy character slots it will be cheaper then buying lifetime sub.

Archived Post 01-29-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threeedgedsword (Post 1762440)
You get a 3rd when you unlock your Klingon character at 4th level. That slot can then be used for either a Klingon or Federation character. I believe you also get 2 more slots if you buy the lifetime sub before the 2nd, but don't quote me on that one in case I'm wrong :)

I think that life time bonus slot was the 200 he was talking about.

Im sure char slots will be added to the store at some point too and will be much cheeper 200.

I wish we had more slots too but hey im trying to see a silver lining. Im an alt junkie in every game a play this will keep more more focused on just 1 or 2

Archived Post 01-29-2010 01:53 PM

Their job, as a commercial entity, is to extract from you as much income as they can in any way possible while keeping you on the hook. This limitation and ability to use currency to overcome it is a tool to meet those ends.

Is it greedy? Yes.

Does it work. Probably.

Will it expand for free in time. Maybe, but don't hold your breath.

The success of certain MMO's have blinded every game developer/publisher out there with dollar signs. :rolleyes:

We're still here though. :D

Archived Post 01-29-2010 02:03 PM

I'm not a real alt-junkie, but I do like to try different classes, and with only three in STO I was definitely going to have one of each. But to login to the head start and find out that the 2 character slots from open beta are still the only two you get? And yes, I was referring to the lifetime subscription as the $200+ open for two more slots. I was considering it over these last couple of days, but no longer...

Archived Post 01-29-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ITF_Cho
I'm not a real alt-junkie, but I do like to try different classes, and with only three in STO I was definitely going to have one of each. But to login to the head start and find out that the 2 character slots from open beta are still the only two you get? And yes, I was referring to the lifetime subscription as the $200+ open for two more slots. I was considering it over these last couple of days, but no longer...

Well, on the upside for you... as stated a third character slot does unlock when any character progresses far enough to unlock the Klingon race.

Archived Post 01-29-2010 02:11 PM

So I could give up my ability to play a Klingon just so I could have one of each officer type? Ummm, no.

However the real upside is that I'll have 4 more days free from dealing with bugs before I bother to start to play. Maybe in the interim I'll finally decide on Engineer vs. Science officer.

Are Worgen out yet??

Archived Post 01-29-2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ITF_Cho
So I could give up my ability to play a Klingon just so I could have one of each officer type? Ummm, no.

However the real upside is that I'll have 4 more days free from dealing with bugs before I bother to start to play. Maybe in the interim I'll finally decide on Engineer vs. Science officer.

Are Worgen out yet??

Why would you have to give up on a Klingon to have one of each officer, Klingon's have the same officers, make an Engi / Science Fed and a Tactical Klingon or something.

Archived Post 01-29-2010 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ITF_Cho
So I could give up my ability to play a Klingon just so I could have one of each officer type? Ummm, no.

However the real upside is that I'll have 4 more days free from dealing with bugs before I bother to start to play. Maybe in the interim I'll finally decide on Engineer vs. Science officer.

Are Worgen out yet??

Well, don't go spastic on me or anything... I'm not to blame and not advocating. Just pointing out the possibilities.

Quote:

Why would you have to give up on a Klingon to have one of each officer, Klingon's have the same officers, make an Engi / Science Fed and a Tactical Klingon or something.
I'm assuming he wants three Feds, I dunno. *shrug*


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:14 AM.