Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   I'd like to play my 30 days included with the purchase Before.... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=88947)

Archived Post 01-29-2010 03:13 PM

I'd like to play my 30 days included with the purchase Before....

I'd like to play the 30 days included with the pre-order purchase of the deluxe edition BEFORE i have have to decide to buy a lifetime subscription or not....

I mean I'm paying for the 30 days with the retail game I purchased from steam.... I't's included in the price...

I've pre-ordered the Deluxe edition and that is locked into my account for life... I've pre ordered....

So what is the difference between me buying a pre-order life time subscription before the first of march when my free 30 days I've already paid for runs out and being forced to get it now after less than 2 days (i have to download the client before i can play) of actual game play?

The only difference I can see is i'm being forced to make an uninformed decision about the game rather than an informed one. Personally I feel Cryptic would be demonstrating their confidence in their product by allowing all pre orders to have the option to upgrade to a life time account after the first 30 days... as it is i feel i'm being asked to make a leap of faith that the product will be worth playing for at least 16 months - I hope it will be - I pray it will be - but i won't know until I've played for a month or so...

I have a life time subscription to lord of the rings - which i purchased after the 30 day free play that came with the game -- I don't understand why Cryptic is not prepared to offer the same sort of deal. :confused:

Archived Post 01-29-2010 03:14 PM

Welcome to the real world lol.

Archived Post 01-29-2010 03:16 PM

When a movie studio has a good movie, they show it to reviewers so people can see how great it is. That brings them into the theatre and they make money.

When a movie studio has a stinker, they skip the reviews and go straight to theatre. That way people have paid thier money before they realize what they got in return.

Guess which one this is?

Archived Post 01-29-2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suunman
IThe only difference I can see is i'm being forced to make an uninformed decision about the game rather than an informed one.

Duh. Lifetime subscriptions are mostly a scam. Unless you are 100% certain you are going to get your 18 months worth it isn't worth it. I think I have only played WoW for around that long over the five years I have played it, and my time in EvE was nearly 2 years played.

Archived Post 01-29-2010 03:27 PM

I'm in a bit of a weird financial state - I don't work full time because of a car accident -- so i have trouble justifying a monthly fee... sooner or later i get into something else or need some time off etc - then i'm left looking at this bill on my credit card torn over spending money when i haven't played that month...

But if i pay all at once and bite the bullet and pay it off my credit card I never have to feel bad about paying ever again... even if i take a couple of months off playing that game... I know it's not logical - but it's just how i feel about MMO's

Lord of the rings is stress free for me no matter how much or how little i play - Champions is a stress - so i canceled mu subscription because I wasn't playing it enough - i just got too busy...

so in some ways a lifetime sub, while not logical, gives me the freedom to enjoy a game on my terms. I'd just like to have 30 days to decide rather than a day or two...

Archived Post 01-29-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suunman
I'd like to play the 30 days included with the pre-order purchase of the deluxe edition BEFORE i have have to decide to buy a lifetime subscription or not....

I mean I'm paying for the 30 days with the retail game I purchased from steam.... I't's included in the price...

I've pre-ordered the Deluxe edition and that is locked into my account for life... I've pre ordered....

So what is the difference between me buying a pre-order life time subscription before the first of march when my free 30 days I've already paid for runs out and being forced to get it now after less than 2 days (i have to download the client before i can play) of actual game play?

The only difference I can see is i'm being forced to make an uninformed decision about the game rather than an informed one. Personally I feel Cryptic would be demonstrating their confidence in their product by allowing all pre orders to have the option to upgrade to a life time account after the first 30 days... as it is i feel i'm being asked to make a leap of faith that the product will be worth playing for at least 16 months - I hope it will be - I pray it will be - but i won't know until I've played for a month or so...

I have a life time subscription to lord of the rings - which i purchased after the 30 day free play that came with the game -- I don't understand why Cryptic is not prepared to offer the same sort of deal. :confused:

There will be abother offer.

Archived Post 01-29-2010 03:41 PM

You are getting your 30 days with lifetime offer right now, cause if you wait, instead of 239.99 its 299.99 thats 60 dollars you save which basically is the game itself.

Archived Post 01-29-2010 03:46 PM

We'll from all of beta testers reviews the game is not worth right now doing a life time subscription so if there forcing you to make a choice now then the choice should be NO....

Cryptic has a horrble track record with games and has proved nothing.

Archived Post 01-29-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMove (Post 1765328)
We'll from all of beta testers reviews the game is not worth right now doing a life time subscription so if there forcing you to make a choice now then the choice should be NO....

Cryptic has a hirrble track record with games and has proved nothing.

By beta reviews you mean, the forums that they are not regulating, NOT reviews from other websites.....
Cryptics track record is your opinion, not fact nor stated in any online review.

Archived Post 01-29-2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sizman
You are getting your 30 days with lifetime offer right now, cause if you wait, instead of 239.99 its 299.99 thats 60 dollars you save which basically is the game itself.

That is another problem in itself. For 300 bucks I can go buy a whole gaming console. That's a ridiculously high price to pay, especially if you've already payed the $80 for the Deluxe edition. That's almost a $400 investment for 1 game. Yikes.