Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   So I am guessing Nov 21st will be Season 8 launch (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=889471)

newromulan1 10-22-2013 10:31 AM

So I am guessing Nov 21st will be Season 8 launch

That gives 3 weeks for the feature episode.

1 week ahead of thanksgiving to capture all those kids coming off school.

And about 4 week's before the Christmas event would normally start.

Sounds about right to me.

sunfrancks 10-22-2013 10:33 AM

Probably, would fit my earlier prediction of late November/early December.

They have a lot of work to do before it is ready to go live, though.

dahminus 10-22-2013 10:37 AM

I feel a push to late jan/early feb.

Something tells me they want to polish this beyond expectations

thecosmic1 10-22-2013 10:38 AM

They always try to get the Seasons out to take advantage of the Holiday break. That's just good business: strike when the most people are available.

matridunadan1 10-22-2013 10:49 PM

Tribble Test Weekend needs to happen at least a couple weeks before actual release.

alarikun 10-22-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newromulan1 (Post 13033051)
That gives 3 weeks for the feature episode.

1 week ahead of thanksgiving to capture all those kids coming off school.

And about 4 week's before the Christmas event would normally start.

Sounds about right to me.

What makes you think it needs 3 weeks?

The featured episode is NOT a series. It is a SINGULAR EPISODE.

Given that it needs to be completed before we can enter the Dyson Sphere... and the episode is released on the 31st... that would indicate Season 8 is sooner than the 21st of November...

azurianstar 10-22-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahminus (Post 13033161)
I feel a push to late jan/early feb.

Something tells me they want to polish this beyond expectations

You don't know them very good. :P

Given what we seen on Tribble, there is no way they are going to polish so much they will hold off for a few months. It's just more rehash of the same pattern: new season with a few new storyline missions, an adventure zone, a new reputation and a new fleet holding to keep us busy until the next season, which players will burn out the content within 1 month.

But due to the winter event, people will be extra burnt out because they have to grind the Winter Event for new clothes. :rolleyes:

captainrevo1 10-23-2013 01:11 AM

21st is probably about right but I will say tuesday the 19th.

The often launch seasonal updates early in the week. Geko said the FE will run for about 2 weeks and that gives them a few extra days to get ready, and the christmas event usually starts fairly early in December.

captainrevo1 10-23-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matridunadan1 (Post 13044201)
Tribble Test Weekend needs to happen at least a couple weeks before actual release.

Test weekends have occurred on the weekend before. What is ideal often never happens. For good or bad, things do get rushed out the door around here.

z3ndor99 10-23-2013 02:22 AM

From the priority one interview geko said, after the feature episode has finished there will be a 2 week event relating to said episode and, our actions from the feature episode influence the 2 week event. He goes onto say that season 8 will start after the special event has finished.