Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Increase AI damage levels (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=88989)

Archived Post 01-29-2010 03:33 PM

Increase AI damage levels
 
Its so close right now guys but honestly as it stands far far to easy. As a level 2 captain I took my ship over to the SB24 Fleet action and engaged and entire group. This is a ship with basic items nothing new added. I took the whole group on for around a minute. In other missions I can stay a nice stationary target with full power to weapons (same items as before) And lay waste to battle ships.

I can understand the need for a learning curve but not for it to be stupid easy I would suggest another 10-15% damage boost at least for all AI (Except the Non tutorial Borg those are golden).

Archived Post 01-29-2010 04:16 PM

I agree, the NPC's are just too weak to gain any enjoyment out of fighting them. It simply doesn't feel right when a Light Cruiser can take down a Battleship without taking hull damage.

In closed beta I could only just solo most missions. Now I go into missions and I can kill everything without any problems.

I pre-ordered and lifetime subbed this game because of the intense space combat but now there is no fun to it.

GIVE ME MY CHALLENGE BACK CRYPTIC!!!!

Archived Post 01-29-2010 04:20 PM

It's supposed to be easy for the first few levels gang. Things will start getting more and more difficult as you level up.

Thanks,

Stormshade

Archived Post 01-29-2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormShade
It's supposed to be easy for the first few levels gang. Things will start getting more and more difficult as you level up.

Thanks,

Stormshade

Can you confirm at what lvl it gets harder, is it before lvl 11? If not then what about those of us that bought the EBgames/Gamestop CE that comes with a Conie with a extra eng spot how is it even going to be fun flying in a that ship with two eng Bo's when the mobs now don't do any damage now, can you imagine how much more useless the mobs will be when players can start using that ship? It would take the fun out of even having that ship.

Archived Post 01-29-2010 05:09 PM

For my science vessel I'm finding it ok.

Archived Post 01-29-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormShade
It's supposed to be easy for the first few levels gang. Things will start getting more and more difficult as you level up.

Thanks,

Stormshade

This is actually kind of true. In the OB my Heavy Cruiser can lose an entire shield side in one volley from a Romulan escort of cruiser or battleship.

Archived Post 01-29-2010 05:57 PM

I went Tactical and Escort in the beta and found that way too easy after they nerfed the space PvE...
Going science and Science (cept i want the Akira) to see if its more of a challenge. I can still take a NegVar and 3 BoPs in my Light Cruiser! this seems a little rediculous...
the battles dont seem as....tactical anymore... its more just point and shoot.

Archived Post 01-29-2010 06:00 PM

Im at Lt4 and i have seen a rise in damge taken , still easy enough but using same tactics as at lower lvl my shields are taking more of a pounding so my engineering boff now has some work to do

Archived Post 01-29-2010 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vasten (Post 1766365)
Can you confirm at what lvl it gets harder, is it before lvl 11? If not then what about those of us that bought the EBgames/Gamestop CE that comes with a Conie with a extra eng spot how is it even going to be fun flying in a that ship with two eng Bo's when the mobs now don't do any damage now, can you imagine how much more useless the mobs will be when players can start using that ship? It would take the fun out of even having that ship.

It gets an extra console slot, not BOff, I believe.

And, yes, it does get harder in the higher levels, 11+.

Archived Post 01-29-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proletariat12
This is actually kind of true. In the OB my Heavy Cruiser can lose an entire shield side in one volley from a Romulan escort of cruiser or battleship.

A lot of that has to do with how poorly shield capacity scales though.

If you compare how much your damage per hit increases (and that is ignoring that you have more weapon mounts), how much hp your hull has, and then compare that to how much shield capacity increases...

Well, let's just say that going from a Mk III shield to a MK VI is a 10% increase in capacity. If you figure Mk III goes with 16-20 and Mk VI with 31-35...well, 2x the level for 10% more shield capacity. Pretty pathetic.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:50 AM.