Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Rich Dilithium Claims Need to be Account Bound (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=890431)

dunballa 10-23-2013 09:15 AM

Rich Dilithium Claims Need to be Account Bound

I'm sure you have had that anxious moment when you opened a few lockboxes, biting your nails in the hope that a glorious ship came zooming out. But wether you did or not, you were left with the aftermath of loot items you DID get. I have over 100 Dilithium Claims and was sorely disappointed that even though I have to activate it to claim it, it is CHARACTER bound and not Account bound. The game seriously expects me to switch between characters when opening lock boxes to spread out the wealth. With the recent wonderful change of having LOBI crystals account bound, I respectfully suggest that these claims be ACCOUNT bound as well.

avantgarde01 10-23-2013 09:23 AM

I second this. Have the same problem with these being spread across multiple characters.

johnny111971 10-23-2013 09:39 AM

I dont mind it so much... several toons are dilithium farmers... but making these account bound would allow both mechanisms of play. I can spread out amongst several toons and refine more... or just on 1 to refine a little.

heavyguardx 10-23-2013 09:43 AM

Why not just now open the lockboxes on a toon you don't mind getting the claims on? Everything else can traded too your own toons or sold.

zordar01 10-23-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyguardx (Post 13048811)
Why not just now open the lockboxes on a toon you don't mind getting the claims on? Everything else can traded too your own toons or sold.

Probably because, until just recently, lobi was character bound. I don't know about everyone else but I purposely opened lock boxes on one character because of the per-character nature of lobi. It really makes no sense to not have account-bound mining claims, especially since the big one, lobi, is now account-wide.

zeus16nbs 10-23-2013 10:28 AM

I agree totally! I have over 999 of the things on just one character and there is no way I will ever be able to use them in my lifetime on just that toon.

Please change them to account bound...

Thanks,

Zeus

sonnikku 10-23-2013 11:51 AM

I can't even imagine spending the kind of time and/or cash on keys for opening so many lock boxes that I'm left with a thousand of those claim things.

gstamo01 10-23-2013 12:49 PM

It took over a year to get lobi account bound.. So we will see this happen sometime in the 2014 holiday season. :mad:

hank900 10-23-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gstamo01 (Post 13052441)
It took over a year to get lobi account bound.. So we will see this happen sometime in the 2014 holiday season. :mad:

Let us hope not. I also have 340 on one toon. I did open some boxes on other toons to get the claims there as well, and then trade the loot to other toons I want it on, or sell it.

newromulan1 10-23-2013 01:55 PM

Sadly I highly doubt this will EVER be changed.

It could lead to a massive spike if dilithium collection - a player with an insane amount of these could create dozens of low level alts and just farm silly amounts of dilithium.

Just 20 toons you could run this on for 5K or 100 hundred thousand refined per day - in just a few days it would play back the Zen required to make 20 lvl 1 toons. They could put a lack 50 restriction but again it just leads to alt dilithium farming. They would much prefer you bought your dilithium with real cash-no big secret there - they have bills to pay to.