Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Fleet Tactical Consoles (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=891091)

trwarbuck 10-24-2013 04:54 AM

Fleet Tactical Consoles

I'm going to nip this in the bud before the complaining starts.
Okay sure the consoles only covers the concept of the standard non-energy specific consoles, but.
1. The fleet version gives a 25.5% bonus not a 20% bonus that a MKXII very rare one does and it gives a second benefit (Critical Hit, Critical Damage, Accuracy).
2. You get an overall 33% damage modifier in the Spire Reputation system that covers ALL weapons on your starship no matter the damage type.
If you go and calculate all this up, you will find out that you aren't really loosing anything, in fact you are gaining them. Sure it is only for a short 20 seconds, but so is the other Boff abilities that effect your weapons. If the cooldown period is kept to a short 30 seconds, you really won't see that much if not any falloff in damage output from your starship. Plus you can increase your Critical Hit, Critical Damage potential and your Accuracy.

So now you are capable of arming your ships with all those cool weapons that you get from the Reputation system and the Lobi store. Rainbow boats.
Give them a chance before you put them down. I'm sure the design staff sat down and considered everything before they created the consoles and the new reputation system.

edwardianed 10-24-2013 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trwarbuck (Post 13063201)
I'm going to nip this in the butt before the complaining starts.

In the butt? My, how suggestive :P

(For future reference, one nips something in the bud, i.e. to prevent growth like with flowers.)

trwarbuck 10-24-2013 08:28 AM

Correction made. Thank you.

mosul33 10-26-2013 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trwarbuck (Post 13063201)
I'm going to nip this in the bud before the complaining starts.
Okay sure the consoles only covers the concept of the standard non-energy specific consoles, but.
1. The fleet version gives a 25.5% bonus not a 20% bonus that a MKXII very rare one does and it gives a second benefit (Critical Hit, Critical Damage, Accuracy).
2. You get an overall 33% damage modifier in the Spire Reputation system that covers ALL weapons on your starship no matter the damage type.
If you go and calculate all this up, you will find out that you aren't really loosing anything, in fact you are gaining them. Sure it is only for a short 20 seconds, but so is the other Boff abilities that effect your weapons. If the cooldown period is kept to a short 30 seconds, you really won't see that much if not any falloff in damage output from your starship. Plus you can increase your Critical Hit, Critical Damage potential and your Accuracy.

So now you are capable of arming your ships with all those cool weapons that you get from the Reputation system and the Lobi store. Rainbow boats.
Give them a chance before you put them down. I'm sure the design staff sat down and considered everything before they created the consoles and the new reputation system.

Unfortunelly my friend the whinners (mostly PvPers again) got these nerfed from 25,5% to 22,3% and the energy specific consoles added (with 25,5%), just becouse one type of build, DHCs + 1 DBB :(
And they all cry about power creep :rolleyes:

twam 10-26-2013 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosul33 (Post 13098331)
Unfortunelly my friend the whinners (mostly PvPers again) got these nerfed from 25,5% to 22,3% and the energy specific consoles added (with 25,5%), just becouse one type of build, DHCs + 1 DBB :(
And they all cry about power creep :rolleyes:

Well, that's not entirely fair: there's also DBB's with turrets aft, as there's only forward-firing aft cannons, no beams.

baudl 10-26-2013 06:40 AM

most definately a ACC or CRTH on the console is more worth than 5-8% base dmg increase.

so the consoles will be overall definately better than the current ones.

but imo, adding projectile dmg ontop of specific energy type would have been a better option for fleet tac consoles.

orangeitis 10-26-2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edwardianed (Post 13063741)
(For future reference, one nips something in the bud, i.e. to prevent growth like with flowers.)

One should never be without handy references like these!

http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/errors.html#errors

thlaylierah 10-26-2013 07:04 AM

I'm for anything that puts the screws those Exchange scalpers.

As for PvP whiner nerfs, they should just make a separate PvP server with it's own rules and equipment.

They will eventually get tired and fall asleep.

coupaholic 10-26-2013 07:30 AM

Here's an entertaining thought. One could use these consoles along with every weapon specific reputation set in the game.

As in Nukara Munitions, Romulan Harness, Elachi Silent enemy and the Omega Adapted Borg Tech.

I think the term 'abomination' comes into play here, seems fitting.

lucho80 10-26-2013 07:45 AM

Sometimes the PvP folks cry nerf too fast. They should have left the consoles as-is. They were probably:
1) Afraid of rainbow boats causing damage and procing all sorts of things.
2) Complaining generic consoles weren't worth the effort when the damage plus CRTH could have gotten close enough.

Sometimes they get stuff fixed and sometimes they screw things up. This is a screw up on my book.