Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Whats the Klingon Starter Gear? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=89121)

Archived Post 01-29-2010 04:42 PM

Whats the Klingon Starter Gear?

Just curious here because I believe the gear klingons now are a bit too much compared to what a fed would have to do for that same gear.

But could be wrong.

Archived Post 01-29-2010 04:49 PM

Mark II white and greens. And saying it is too much is nonsense, when i made my Klingon i had loads of much better blue gear to mail it from my fed toon... that toon is only level 4.

Archived Post 01-29-2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KabaalGen
Mark II white and greens. And saying it is too much is nonsense, when i made my Klingon i had loads of much better blue gear to mail it from my fed toon... that toon is only level 4.

You got a screen shot of these loads of much better blue gear?

Because I have not seen any of this yet. Hell I leveled up to Admiral rank 3 in beta and did not notice many blues except for later quests. Before that, possibly 2 blues from quests I believe.

So you could just be very lucky :)

Archived Post 01-29-2010 05:20 PM

Not lucky, just do SB 24.

Archived Post 01-29-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

This some really nice stuff from there +4crit weps or +2crit+2crit damage, dual res shields.

Archived Post 01-29-2010 05:26 PM

Ok some Klingons were nice enough to post some things they get.

It is pretty much green MK II gear across the board as one said.

So this means that most fed players are going in with white and green MK I gear while Klingons are walking in with much better gear. The first tier is insanely off balanced right now unless you update Wildman's quest reward to give similar gear.

We are talking about games where we see Klingons with 30-50k damage. While on the Fed side you would be lucky to see someone break 10k. This is not a matter of "skill" or anything else but better gear for the ships.

On this same note. Why does Federation PvP gear MKII require Lt. Cmmdr rank? Does the Klingon PvP gear have this same issue? From what I have seen the starter gear for Klingons is equal to the MK II green gear.

But that is probably a bug, why does MK II pvp gear of a Lt. Cmder requirement? Same for Klingons?

Archived Post 01-29-2010 05:27 PM

Quote:

Show me some of this gear. Screen shots are possible of this? Not sure because everytime I seem to be taking a SS the HUD auto hides. :/

I have won SB 24 a few times and have yet to get anything equal to the Klingon starter gear by simply creating a character.

Archived Post 01-29-2010 08:19 PM

Man, if you are going into pvp with white gear you deserve to lose.

See? I said we shouldn't start out with better gear. It just gives people an excuse.

Archived Post 01-29-2010 08:24 PM

thats also space combat the weapons klingon get for starting suck imo. Way underpowered compared to the rifles every fed has. It feels like I am the only person running around without his starting pistol.

Archived Post 01-29-2010 08:25 PM

My level klingon is level 7 after doing the first 3 PvE missions. I still have the default gear. The cannons and shield are green, everything else is white. By level 7 Feds should have this or higher.