Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Advice to Cryptic: disable disco ball in Dyson Sphere (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=894531)

newromulan1 10-27-2013 09:44 AM

Advice to Cryptic: disable disco ball in Dyson Sphere

The New areas are so different and so confusing if is just too much to take in when you go to the command centre and the ground launching center. It is the most confusing place I have ever been in this game and after several thousand hours I can tell you those balls are going to be even more of a hassle for players trying to find their way around. You don't want that much sensory overload in this new area.

Those things need to be disabled, at least for the first month or so.

ladymyajha 10-27-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newromulan1 (Post 13115911)
The New areas are so different and so confusing if is just too much to take in when you go to the command centre and the ground launching center. It is the most confusing place I have ever been in this game and after several thousand hours I can tell you those balls are going to be even more of a hassle for players trying to find their way around. You don't want that much sensory overload in this new area.

Those things need to be disabled, at least for the first month or so.

I think they should all just be collected and burned. I don't know what dev thought it would be a good idea to make these things, and what dev then decided to let them off of Risa.

But then I see the fire extinguisher, the various party poppers, and the ball, and I've reached my own conclusions.

newromulan1 10-27-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladymyajha (Post 13120491)
I think they should all just be collected and burned. I don't know what dev thought it would be a good idea to make these things, and what dev then decided to let them off of Risa.

But then I see the fire extinguisher, the various party poppers, and the ball, and I've reached my own conclusions.

The disco ball is much much worse than the party poppers as it takes over 50x the total visual area - there were 2 running in the ground combat command center when I first got to that place and I could not find where I needed to go to move on. This was with less than 20 players in there- can you imagine launch day?? These things will create chaos in these new buildings. It could really cause some players to have a bad first experience as they become lost in all the visual static.

apedilbert 10-28-2013 01:11 AM

So you were unable to achieve a total ban on disco and are now trying to get minor bans enacted? Disco balls are the most fun item in the game and tons of players would be sad if they were rendered unusable.

johnsteward 10-28-2013 01:36 AM

And another ton of plsyers would be very happy to see this stuff gone forever

cynder2012 10-28-2013 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnsteward (Post 13129041)
And another ton of plsyers would be very happy to see this stuff gone forever

+1 to this.....while im not annoyed byt them much in terms of the auto dancing...the light and sounds is annoying and distracting

mosul33 10-28-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apedilbert (Post 13128791)
So you were unable to achieve a total ban on disco and are now trying to get minor bans enacted? Disco balls are the most fun item in the game and tons of players would be sad if they were rendered unusable.

Thats your opinion, but mine is that tons of players will be glad if they were banned, at least from trible.
I do agree with the OP, they really should ban those. The moment trible went open for silvers the degenerates start to spam those in the ground dyson sphere areas, on purpose to make other players crash due to low FPS known issues that are there.

newromulan1 10-28-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apedilbert (Post 13128791)

You must have me confused with someone else - I have never tried to get them banned. That said temporarily blocking them in the Dyson Sphere is the wisest course of action - it will NOT be fun for thousands of confused players when they arrive in these command centers and have no idea where to go but are further confused by the light show. This will not give players New to the are a good first impression. I was lost and overwhelmed in the area without those things-they just made it much worse!

mercuriciodide 12-05-2013 11:02 AM

I don't like being forced to dance. I think there should be a setting in the Options that lets a player opt out of the dancing (player-controlled social items) automatically.

It's good for people to be able to have fun and be wacky, but players who want to be serious also should have the ability to be serious. Things like the cannon screen shake and the dancing should be opt out. I don't think they need to be disabled completely or restricted to one location.

grimrak1 12-14-2013 10:09 PM

Nice to see yet another thread devolve into "WAAA DISCOBALLS ARE THE DEVIL WAAA CRYPTIC DEVS PUT THEM IN TO TROLL US THE LOYAL PAYING CUSTOMERS WAAAAA ANYONE WHO USES THEM IS SUBHUMAN FILTH WAAA BAN THIS FILTH FROM MY GAME BECAUSE ONLY MY PLAYSTYLE MATTERS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AA"