Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Romulan Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=371)
-   -   Plz Remove Forced Romulan Rep at 50 (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=894761)

zordar01 10-27-2013 03:27 PM

Plz Remove Forced Romulan Rep at 50

After hitting vice admiral on a Romulan/Reman character you're ordered back to Romulan Command for the promotion mission. Unfortunately, you can't get to Romulan Command because as soon as you hit level 50 you're forced to go through the New Romulus rep intro. You don't even get the option to beam into Romulan Command - all you get is the 'Beam to New Romulus' option. And since you can't skip the cutscene you must sit through the New Romulus intro if you ever want to get to Romulan Command again.

So...

Dear Cryptic,

Please stop forcing players into the New Romulus reputation intro once they hit level 50. I'd much prefer to decide for myself when I want to start the New Romulus rep.

Thanks.

markhawkman 10-27-2013 03:43 PM

it's not THAT long.... you can easily AFK it if you choose. Just start the cutscene then go make a sandwich or something...

blassreiterus 10-27-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zordar01 (Post 13120881)
After hitting vice admiral on a Romulan/Reman character you're ordered back to Romulan Command for the promotion mission. Unfortunately, you can't get to Romulan Command because as soon as you hit level 50 you're forced to go through the New Romulus rep intro. You don't even get the option to beam into Romulan Command - all you get is the 'Beam to New Romulus' option. And since you can't skip the cutscene you must sit through the New Romulus intro if you ever want to get to Romulan Command again.

So...

Dear Cryptic,

Please stop forcing players into the New Romulus reputation intro once they hit level 50. I'd much prefer to decide for myself when I want to start the New Romulus rep.

Thanks.

Just so you know, you're not "forced" into doing anything aside from watching the intro to the planet at level 50. You don't get a "you must do the reputation before ever going back to the Command center again" message at all. So, here's a suggestion: deal with it as it's not that big of a deal.

cookiecrook 10-27-2013 05:56 PM

All cutscenes should be skippable if the player chooses to skip it.

zordar01 10-27-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blassreiterus (Post 13121641)
Just so you know, you're not "forced" into doing anything aside from watching the intro to the planet at level 50. You don't get a "you must do the reputation before ever going back to the Command center again" message at all. So, here's a suggestion: deal with it as it's not that big of a deal.

So how do I get back to the Command Center if the option to beam down to the CC is gone? Oh yeah, I have to beam down to New Romulus and walk in the front door - after the New Romulus rep intro. ;) So yeah, you are forced, since the promotion mission takes place in the CC, and you can't get back into the CC without beaming down to New Romulus and going through the rep intro.

zordar01 10-27-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markhawkman (Post 13121021)
it's not THAT long.... you can easily AFK it if you choose. Just start the cutscene then go make a sandwich or something...

Sure. Or we could not be railroaded into the Romulan rep intro. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookiecrook (Post 13122821)
All cutscenes should be skippable if the player chooses to skip it.

QFT.

It would also be really nice if cutscenes didn't automatically holster my weapons, but one thing at a time.

doffingcomrade 10-27-2013 06:22 PM

Sneaking onto NR through the Embassy will bypass the annoying cutscene. If you find yourself trapped in the cutscene, killing the process will also get rid of it.

oddboyout 10-27-2013 06:30 PM

With all the problems with the Romulan faction you make a new thread for this inconvenience...

kintisho 10-27-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markhawkman (Post 13121021)

this

MMMmmmm a Cardpotle Bacgorn sandwich.. just like Kiko used to make...

zordar01 10-27-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doffingcomrade (Post 13123401)
Sneaking onto NR through the Embassy will bypass the annoying cutscene. If you find yourself trapped in the cutscene, killing the process will also get rid of it.

Can I get to an Embassy without a fleet (this toon is unfleeted)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by oddboyout (Post 13123551)
With all the problems with the Romulan faction you make a new thread for this inconvenience...

I know, right? What nerve, asking for a choice...

They'll never fix it if they don't know.