Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Klingon Bladed weapons (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=895441)

talonxv 10-28-2013 11:06 AM

Klingon Bladed weapons

Well probably been asked for and I have no patience to go wading through for the threads so I'll restart this one.

Why the hell are there not more bladed weapons for klingons? I mean in the Klingon Missions where you see Worf Fight he's weilding a Mek'leth. Why can't we own one? Or the traditional D'k tahg knife that is a Klingon's honor?

Where the hell are they and why don't we have them in game?

misterde3 10-28-2013 11:09 AM

As someone who's been here since headstart...I can only conclude because they're Klingon items.

generator88 10-28-2013 11:21 AM

To me, this files under P for "pick your battles." Before we worry about getting mek'leths, I'd settle for getting the blankety-blanking Negh'var refit they've been vaporwaring us with for most of this year...

Gen

misterde3 10-28-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by generator88 (Post 13135941)
To me, this files under P for "pick your battles." Before we worry about getting mek'leths, I'd settle for getting the blankety-blanking Negh'var refit they've been vaporwaring us with for most of this year...

Gen

Well, the big difference is that the bladed weapons are already implemented in the game and functioning while the Negh'var is in a state of limbo somehwere.
So which battle actually makes more sense?;)

davidwford 10-28-2013 11:38 AM

The Mek'leth could be easily included. Use the one handed sword mechanics(Tsunkante Falchion and Nausicaan Telgor Sword), and apply the mek'leth graphic instead. Simple.

generator88 10-28-2013 11:41 AM

Man, I'd love to be wrong, but I'm at a place where I think what we'll actually get is a sack full of nothing, tied to the back or a rabid targ.

It must be hard work ignoring this much pent-up demand... :-/

Gen

zipagat 10-28-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterde3 (Post 13136271)
Well, the big difference is that the bladed weapons are already implemented in the game and functioning while the Negh'var is in a state of limbo somehwere.
So which battle actually makes more sense?;)

They have very little modeling to do if any as there are two Negh'vars in the game as well. Same goes for a lot of stuff that they could add to the players to be honest like the long coats that only NPCs seem to have.

zeuxidemus001 10-28-2013 04:58 PM

Yeah they have a strong hatred for klingons when the conquerors have inferior offensive technology to an organization dedicated to peace and exploration.

farmallm 10-28-2013 06:07 PM

If they use the same moves as the sword. I can see them being used. It would be nice if they did the Jem'Hadar kar'takin as well. I love using melee weapons on my Klingon.

The main thing is the game is lacking in the melee graphics/motions part. It would be nice if they fixed this.

crappyturbo 10-28-2013 06:13 PM

IMHO I would like more melee weapons in general. There is what 4 melee weapons in the game that the player can use? I do not think that they will put in more melee weapons for the simple fact that it makes killing the borg on the ground too easy.