Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Earth Spacedock (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Looking for the right UFP Fleet to join. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=89761)

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:09 AM

Looking for the right UFP Fleet to join.

Hey there

The Name is Captain Max and I have been OB and now Head start. I am looking for a fleet to join up with and here is a bit of my background.

I am 52 years old and have been a fan of Star Trek from day one, back in the heady days of the 60's when ScFi on TV was more or less unheard of. I have followed the show and it's cast and have in fact had the chance to meet and greet some of them. I have played RP Star Trek and was a Captain in a fleet of 12 ships and ran my own RP within this fleet as Captain of the Ark Royal. I have played a few MMO's UO WOW AO E&B ect. I have ran Guilds in 3 of these and was the Leader of the Jenquai Extreme in AO for 4 years.

What I am looking for is a Fleet that is close and works together as a Family. I am not looking for an officers slot, just a home and a warm fire to come home to. But I am also here to lear about fleets in this game and I want to help out my Fleet/Family as best I can and in any way I can.

So if you are looking for some one like myself then give me a yell.

Thanks
Captain Max
Commander USS. Ark Royal NCC 92025

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:12 AM

You would definitley get along with this group there are a few of us over 50 me included, come give us a look

Space......the Final Frontier, These are the voyages of the Star Fleet Defenders. Our mission: To explore strange new worlds... To seek out new life and new civilizations... To boldly go where no fleet has gone before!

STAR FLEET DEFENDERS

Star Fleet Defenders is a mature, casual fleet for adult STO players. We will be a fun fleet who is more concerned about playing together and enjoying each others company than getting to the highest level. No matter what we do, we will enjoy doing it together. I believe that each member is unique and has something to add to the overall personality of the fleet.

Whether you will be a casual gamer who only plays twice a week or an avid gamer who never logs off doesn't matter to us. Star Fleet Defenders is looking for members with personality!!

Star Fleet Defenders is just trying to be a regular fleet . Please donít get me wrong, I am not saying anything bad about any other fleets (insert name here). I am an older gamer who just wants to start a mature fleet to run some missions with and to have fun. I could really care less about ranking systems for a fleet (ex. Vice Admiral In Charge Of Research) Older gamers just want to have fun!!

Star Fleet Defenders Web Site

Star Fleet Defenders Recruitment Thread

Syrran, Cmdr Star Fleet Defenders
Global Chat Handle @Syrran

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:13 AM

try us....EN......contact vanell or stich in game

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:54 AM

Hi CaptainMax,

Jenquai Extreme lol! So many good memories from those early EnB days... You obviously had enough that you took the Jenquai name into another game! :)

Thought I'd drop us into your list for consideration, because despite the name we're made up of players from around the world and I think we'd fit your criteria nicely. Our members range in age from 15 all the way to over 50 (I won't say by how much but it's a fair bit!) and we all share a mature attitude. Our community is important to us and we try to maintain a "family" kind of spirit throughout it.

If you'd like to know a bit more drop by our recruitment topic as that covers the basics. Anything else you need to know feel free to drop me a PM!

Wherever you end up, make sure you have lots of fun in STO. I know I plan to!

Archived Post 01-30-2010 07:20 AM

Hi Max,

I am Letum Omnis, of TCON (The Consortium).

I can definitely relate! Our member base is made up of mature players, and we have qutie a few in "our" age group already.

I truly think you could find a home with us. Our chat rarely has profanity in it, and we are one big family. We have a focus on fun, and cooperative gameplay, and I truly think you would fit in well.

You may wish to give our group a look. We are made up of a group of mature gamers, and are a"family style" group, without any specific time requirements.

Just a glimpse of some of the things we can offer:
  1. We are extremely well organized, with command structure, ranks, and advancement in place.
  2. Clearly identified means of promotion within the fleet that corresponds with the in game ranking structure.
  3. Fun, family friendly atmosphere.
  4. Global member base (U.S., UK, NZ), so we typically will have someone on at all times.
  5. Seven (7) year history together in various MMO's, and have accomplished much in our previous MMO's
  6. A nice mix of folks who RP. So if you enjoy that, we can offer it as well.
  7. Close knit group of folks who are willing to go the extra mile to help you out, and make you feel at home.
  8. We have vent, and forums.

I suggest heading over to our primary recruting thread and our forums for more information, and see what you think. If you think we are a good fit, then feel free to contact me here, on our forums, or in game.

My in game name is the same as my signature. (Letum Omnis@flakk)

Links to our webpage and primary recruiting thread are in my signature.
(Contain additional information)

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks!

Archived Post 01-30-2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainMax
Hey there

The Name is Captain Max and I have been OB and now Head start. I am looking for a fleet to join up with and here is a bit of my background.

I am 52 years old and have been a fan of Star Trek from day one, back in the heady days of the 60's when ScFi on TV was more or less unheard of. I have followed the show and it's cast and have in fact had the chance to meet and greet some of them. I have played RP Star Trek and was a Captain in a fleet of 12 ships and ran my own RP within this fleet as Captain of the Ark Royal. I have played a few MMO's UO WOW AO E&B ect. I have ran Guilds in 3 of these and was the Leader of the Jenquai Extreme in AO for 4 years.

What I am looking for is a Fleet that is close and works together as a Family. I am not looking for an officers slot, just a home and a warm fire to come home to. But I am also here to lear about fleets in this game and I want to help out my Fleet/Family as best I can and in any way I can.

So if you are looking for some one like myself then give me a yell.

Thanks
Captain Max
Commander USS. Ark Royal NCC 92025

Greetings CaptainMax! I would like to point you towards Ambassadors of Liberty. We are a laid back group of mature friends who want to have fun together. We do like to help each other out, be it missions, some energy credits or some items. We are a maily PvE but PvP and RP are not out of the question. Most of our members have played MMO's in the past with some that are new and need guidance. I myself love helping people out when it covers what I can't get enough of (Star Trek and gaming). We also have a Teamspeak 3 server open to our fleet members. You do not have to use it but it is easier to joke around and have a good laugh. :cool:

My wife and I founded Ambassadors of Liberty for the purpose of making friends and having fun. We don't want drama, if we wanted drama we would hop into a DeLorean and take a trip back to high school. :p:D

A bit about me. I am 30 years old with 24 of those years with Star Trek under my belt. I have been a big gamer since the old Atari consoles and the Commodore 64. I have been following STO since Perpetual had the IP and have been waiting patiently for its release. Now that it is out, AoL is going to rocket out and have some great fun together! :)

Check out our feet site at www.ambassadorsofliberty.com. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me here or on our fleet site.

I wish you the best in finding a fleet that suits you. Don't forget to rotate your shield facings and I will see you in space!

~Spade