Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Ship specific targeting (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=89781)

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:19 AM

Ship specific targeting

I've looked around and have found no answer so I'll ask here. At the end of the P'jemm mission it tells you to target the 8472 ship's torpedo launchers. My question is does anybody know how to target a specific ships system? Any help wold be much appreciated

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:35 AM

Its a skill you can teach if i'm right

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:37 AM

Its not the system but a high yield torpedo it fires you can destroy before is his you. unless your a Science officer I don't think you can target sub-systems.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venom077 (Post 1772216)
I've looked around and have found no answer so I'll ask here. At the end of the P'jemm mission it tells you to target the 8472 ship's torpedo launchers. My question is does anybody know how to target a specific ships system? Any help wold be much appreciated

You can target a ship's systems via abilities - Tac Boffs have access to them at Lieutenant, and Science Vessels come with innate versions. But even then you can only choose to target one of the four subsystem areas (weapons, shields, engines, auxiliary), not specific weapons.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 04:05 AM

The mission text is actually wrong, you should target the torpedo's themselfs when fired on your ship......
I did however see torpedo's fired on my ship that i could not target.

There is a skill "target subsystems" but i don'y think you can actually give orders to target a specific sub system...

Archived Post 01-30-2010 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venom077 (Post 1772216)

Target and shoot at the incoming torpedo's, not the ship its self. It is also easier to do if your keeping a decent amount of distance between you and the enemy vessel and your shield power boosted. I found it faster to manually target them with the mouse and fire with the space bar, auto-fire was not exactly helpful for this part.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantomwolf (Post 1773506)
Target and shoot at the incoming torpedo's, not the ship its self. It is also easier to do if your keeping a decent amount of distance between you and the enemy vessel and your shield power boosted. I found it faster to manually target them with the mouse and fire with the space bar, auto-fire was not exactly helpful for this part.

Phantomwolf is wise. Very wise. Yeah, this is what you have to do. Shoot down incoming torpedoes.

Note that the Undine ship fires both normal plasma torpedoes, and High Yield plasma torpedoes.

The normal plasma torps aren't targetable. Only the High Yield plasma torpedo is targetable; this is a big glob of plasma that registers on your UI as a separate entity.

(The Undine ship is using a version of a standard ability/weapon in the game. If you, later on, equip Plasma Torpedoes on your own ship and use the High Yield tactical power, it'll fire a slow-moving giant ball of plasma that can be targeted and shot down.)

Archived Post 01-30-2010 04:32 AM

For that mission, you gain no benefit from damage you do to the dreadnaught. Just max your shields, stay alive and tab-target and attack the torpedos with beams when they launch.