Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Borg Captaions - Efficient Trait not working? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=89786)

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:23 AM

Borg Captaions - Efficient Trait not working?

I thought these +5 on weapon, shields, aux and engine will be displayed in this bar like 55/50, 55/50, 55/50 and 55/50. Nada, zilch, zip.

Am I missing something?

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:33 AM

Yea, mine doesnt do that either. I'm just happy that I was able to at least start him today. I played 2 hours on a starter character wilst they fixed that bug, thats going to basically be a throw away character i guess

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:50 AM

The efficiency Trait Doesn't affect power levels at all, Warp theorist will but you still need points in that one's skill to get it to work.

Efficiency Gives a small bonus to each of the T2(3?) Efficiency skills in the captain skills. Which, iirc, don't even affect ship power at all.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:51 AM

I believe that the borg efficiency attribute is to do with increasing the speed that power moves as you change power settings rather than a blanket increase in power across the board.
I.E. if you were set on full attack power and you then set full defence power, the borg captain will get to full defence power setting quicker as he can transfer power faster (a.k.a. more efficiently) from weapons to shields etc.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strikeclone
I believe that the borg efficiency attribute is to do with increasing the speed that power moves as you change power settings rather than a blanket increase in power across the board.
I.E. if you were set on full attack power and you then set full defence power, the borg captain will get to full defence power setting quicker as he can transfer power faster (a.k.a. more efficiently) from weapons to shields etc.

Great, I should've stuck with Aggressive instead. -_-

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:55 AM

There is a difference between +power, and +power efficiency...

Archived Post 01-30-2010 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-Tar
Great, I should've stuck with Aggressive instead. -_-

Actually the ability to redirect power at greater speeds is a massively useful space ability, for example as you full impulse around inside a mission and then engage in combat you will more quickly able to raise shields or arm phasers (as you shunt power with greater speed from engines to those systems)

Much more useful imo than a bit more ground attack or what have you. :D

Archived Post 01-30-2010 04:12 AM

Yeah sounds like a very usefull trait if you ask me...

Archived Post 01-30-2010 05:43 AM

So does this efficient transfer also help run extra beams on a cruiser, to reduce weapon power drain? Like an EPS console? If so it sounds a must have trait if you're going the cruiser route..