Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Fleet System and Holdings (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Klingon Queues Dead, how to Earn FMs? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=898621)

azurianstar 10-31-2013 12:07 AM

Klingon Queues Dead, how to Earn FMs?

It's been well over two months and the Klingon Fleet Events have been dead. And it literally takes hours to find groups on Defera to earn Fleet Marks. The only remaining option is to PvP (for 60 FMs per Daily) or to scavenge CXP, but these are inefficient means to progress a fleet.

Devs, with a new Fleet holding coming up soon, how is my Fleet supposed to progress?

eisenw0lf 10-31-2013 03:34 AM

Mine trap. It's crossfaction, doesn't have a cooldown and rewards ~100 FM during Fleet Mark Events.

azurianstar 10-31-2013 06:36 PM

And that is just as bad........... they really need to give us alternate means to level up a fleet.

nicha0 10-31-2013 06:46 PM

Doff, solid 3-500/day/character if you run 2x per day for 15 mins say

marc8219 10-31-2013 08:34 PM

most of my FM comes from crystalline entity and PVP

johnny111971 10-31-2013 08:43 PM

No Win Scenario... 300+ for a Wave 9 Farm Run (Get to Wave 10 then warp out (avoids the cool down), wash rinse and repeat).

cynder2012 10-31-2013 09:16 PM

Defera Invasion Zone.....can get 180 marks just doing the hard Mission daily....even more by doing the easy and medium missions...i normally get about 100-125 marks an hour doing so turning in the easy and med missions all at once

azurianstar 11-01-2013 02:17 PM

I appreciate everyones suggestions.

Defera - Often I have to wait for 3 hours to find a KDF group and it's very painful to waste time just standing there waiting for a group. At best, while waiting I get the Probe and earn 60 marks.

Mine Trap and CE - Not really enough Fleet Marks to earn work on projects.

No Win Scenario - requires you to be in a group to farm it. Not to mention its likely going to be nerfed as an exploit.

CXP Conversion - I won't do. To get a 100 Fleet Marks in converting 10,000 CXP, which takes months to get back. So I would spend all my CXP on one single Fleet Project and have to wait another month to do again.

Yes, they may seem like excuses, but you are basically saying I have to work 10x harder to level up my Klingon Starbase compared to Federation Starbases where I could constantly get in Fleet Mark Events without problems. That's the thing that people aren't understanding. It's harder for Klingons now and how can we move forward if we have to work harder for less of a reward? You know?

reginamala78 11-01-2013 03:18 PM

Colony Invasion takes 10 minutes, is simple enough to pug, and is 60ish during event time.

CEE lets you avoid ground entirely, rewards 85 FM during event time, plus gear and dil besides.

mimey2 11-01-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azurianstar (Post 13219081)
I appreciate everyones suggestions.

Defera - Often I have to wait for 3 hours to find a KDF group and it's very painful to waste time just standing there waiting for a group. At best, while waiting I get the Probe and earn 60 marks.

Mine Trap and CE - Not really enough Fleet Marks to earn work on projects.

No Win Scenario - requires you to be in a group to farm it. Not to mention its likely going to be nerfed as an exploit.

CXP Conversion - I won't do. To get a 100 Fleet Marks in converting 10,000 CXP, which takes months to get back. So I would spend all my CXP on one single Fleet Project and have to wait another month to do again.

Yes, they may seem like excuses, but you are basically saying I have to work 10x harder to level up my Klingon Starbase compared to Federation Starbases where I could constantly get in Fleet Mark Events without problems. That's the thing that people aren't understanding. It's harder for Klingons now and how can we move forward if we have to work harder for less of a reward? You know?

Well, here's some suggestions to what you mentioned:

Join KDFDeferi, or was it KDFDefera. Something like that. Anytime the mark event is on, or about to be on, it's pretty easy to find groups. Spread it to other KDF players you know, to help it grow.

Mind Trap and CE, with a single person, that is true. It doesn't feel like many for the time put in.

NWS, wouldn't surprise me if they did nerf it. Surprised they haven't already. Must not be enough people doing it for them to notice and/or care enough.

CXP conversion. I don't agree on this one. Honestly, a lot of folks seem to think that you need to do only the 'right' DOFF missions or something. Your best bet isn't really to think about it too much. Just spam em. As long as there is no risk of DOFFs dying (be sure and check that just in case) or otherwise being removed permanently (Officer Exchange missions for example) rarely do you really need to worry about it too much.

It's not a quick process to get to 100k, but when you do, it can pay off nicely. Even if you use a single toon, presuming that you spam any missions, you'll eventually get enough CXP building to be able to handle turning in at least one a week.

An excellent pair of DOFF missions are the two outta the dil mine. Even the tier 1 versions can be really great xp for trade and development. And for KDf, they have better rewards in general for other missions, especially in regards to Contraband gathering.