Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   swordmasters and officer npcs (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=90103)

Archived Post 01-30-2010 07:50 AM

swordmasters and officer npcs

Either need a nerf or something its kind of annoying that in away missions even if thier the ony one left they bascially attempt to **** the player and almost completely ignores your away mission team. and usually its a one or 2 hit kill when they use thier melee weapon... only tip I can give to any new players use your away team as sacrificial lambs get behind him and use a special attack.. but I hate having to do that.. lol

Archived Post 01-30-2010 07:54 AM

They are fine, ... [edit]

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir

Archived Post 01-30-2010 07:55 AM

Swordmasters are definitely overpowered compared to their counterparts. However, the rest are manageable if you direct your Away Team correctly.

What I do is target the most difficult enemy before combat starts. I then direct my Away Team to fight them first. I then do NOT immediately attack that enemy. I either target another weak enemy or wait a few seconds before attacking the strong one. This reduces the chance it will run right at me.

With concentrated fire even the swordmasters die fast.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necto (Post 1775721)
They are fine, ... [edit]

/reported for trolling Learn to read the rules thanks

Archived Post 01-30-2010 07:58 AM

I've never had a problem with them. Use your rifle butt to bash them on their butts.
And get better weapons for everyone. Did you know that you can give away weapons to your away team??

Archived Post 01-30-2010 08:00 AM

They are the only glimmer of challenge in the ground game. If you are having trouble, the good news is you can learn and get better. The rest of the AI and difficulty needs to be increased.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 08:00 AM

isnt telling him to learn to read the rules the same as him saying to learn to play? :P

Archived Post 01-30-2010 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtzako (Post 1775733)
Swordmasters are definitely overpowered compared to their counterparts. However, the rest are manageable if you direct your Away Team correctly.

What I do is target the most difficult enemy before combat starts. I then direct my Away Team to fight them first. I then do NOT immediately attack that enemy. I either target another weak enemy or wait a few seconds before attacking the strong one. This reduces the chance it will run right at me.

With concentrated fire even the swordmasters die fast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by branix (Post 1775762)
I've never had a problem with them. Use your rifle butt to bash them on their butts.
And get better weapons for everyone. Did you know that you can give away weapons to your away team??

yeah the others are manageable but the sword masters and officers ignore ur away team completely and go for you disabling your shields with disruptor fire then one barely 2 hits with thier melee and ur dead. no matter how often I roll to avoid damage or run. So usually when I see them I sent the away team in first get around and attack wtih a special attack from behind .

Archived Post 01-30-2010 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xaverjin (Post 1775767)
isnt telling him to learn to read the rules the same as him saying to learn to play? :P

that was the idea .. olol

Quote:

Originally Posted by corbaer
They are the only glimmer of challenge in the ground game. If you are having trouble, the good news is you can learn and get better. The rest of the AI and difficulty needs to be increased.

their not really a challenge just an announce. If they actually use tactics beyond being over powered it would be a challenge but hell anyone can just overwhelm someone with using the same most powerful attack over and over with no cool down through objects that suppose to be cover. Id rather the AI be able to be smart enough to go around cover instead of firing through it and be like a star trek episode of people taking cover.. not the AI simply ignoring the rules and doing overwhelming because its programing sucks

Archived Post 01-30-2010 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajac09 (Post 1775747)
/reported for trolling Learn to read the rules thanks

It's not trolling, it's advice.

I'm Lt. 6 atm and i dont have any problems at all, even with Swordmaster and several Officers around.
You need to learn to use your BOs, your skills, position, cover etc. efficiently.
Exposed, any NPC dies in one shot, use that ... flanking, DoT skills, AoE, Shields etc etc ... there is tons of stuff

I died only once so far in ground cmbt, due to stupid BO pulling full room of npcis (app 20)

So yes, they are fine. Learn to play