Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   DEVS: Suggstions for FAW (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=901321)

logicalspock 11-02-2013 01:20 PM

DEVS: Suggstions for FAW
 
PvP used to take teamwork, even on a PuG, with everyone concentrating fire on the same target. Now it primarily seems to be people setting up builds that can spam fire at will with almost no cycle-break. I've posted on this topic before, and the problem has only gotten worse. Here are my updated suggestions:

1) Activating FaW clears any immunity to confuse and increases the duration of any confuse ability 100%.

2) Add feedback pulse mines to the game. These would work just like acetone assimilators except they would have FBP III turned on permanently. Alternatively, add a DOFF that gives acetone assimilators feedback pulse as well.

This would keep Fire-at-Will as a useful skill in the game while adding more effective ways to counter builds that rely on it to spam damage in PvP.

torsten1009 11-02-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logicalspock (Post 13232901)
PvP used to take teamwork, even on a PuG, with everyone concentrating fire on the same target. Now it primarily seems to be people setting up builds that can spam fire at will with almost no cycle-break. I've posted on this topic before, and the problem has only gotten worse. Here are my updated suggestions:

1) Activating FaW clears any immunity to confuse and increases the duration of any confuse ability 100%.

2) Add feedback pulse mines to the game. These would work just like acetone assimilators except they would have FBP III turned on permanently. Alternatively, add a DOFF that gives acetone assimilators feedback pulse as well.

This would keep Fire-at-Will as a useful skill in the game while adding more effective ways to counter builds that rely on it to spam damage in PvP.

Use Attack-Pattern Delta, Reverse Shield Polarity and Feedbackpulse, there shouldn't be a problem anymore.

logicalspock 11-02-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torsten1009 (Post 13233041)
Use Attack-Pattern Delta, Reverse Shield Polarity and Feedbackpulse, there shouldn't be a problem anymore.


This is a thread about how to balance the game, not a thread about build suggestions. If I thought that feedback pulse and reverse shield polarity, as they stand, were a balanced counter to fire at will, I would not have made the thread. Please let us try to keep on topic.

Being able to keep feedback pulse up with almost no downtime (like you can with FaW) would be an effective counter, but it is not possible as the game stands right now and, just like allowing people to run FaW with virtually no downtime had negative implications for balance, I think allowing people to run feedback pulse constantly would have negative implications. Not to mention, not every build has access to feedback pulse.

rylanadionysis 11-02-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torsten1009 (Post 13233041)
Use Attack-Pattern Delta, Reverse Shield Polarity and Feedbackpulse, there shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Doesnt work vs DEM

g0h4n4 11-02-2013 01:45 PM

I love Faw Boats, good targets to insta pop, sitting there still, all nice and big with low defense, perfect.

kortaag 11-02-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g0h4n4 (Post 13233281)
I love Faw Boats, good targets to insta pop, sitting there still, all nice and big with low defense, perfect.

Oh creepy. Keepin' my eye out for you now. :P

marc8219 11-02-2013 01:52 PM

We will just see more people spamming scramble sensors with doff and ams, not very fun.

g0h4n4 11-02-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kortaag (Post 13233361)
Oh creepy. Keepin' my eye out for you now. :P

See you on the battlefield, I usually use a fail build, so beware

playhard88 11-02-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torsten1009 (Post 13233041)
Use Attack-Pattern Delta, Reverse Shield Polarity and Feedbackpulse, there shouldn't be a problem anymore.

i think his post is not about how to counter, the counters are know by everyone. He is trying to find a way of put teamwork back in the picture, the current state of the metagame is worst than ever, everyone using FaW ruins casual pvp, is boring as hell.

virusdancer 11-02-2013 02:01 PM

This would apply to many things, not just FAW...

Limit the stacking of elements. Rather, treat certain elements as options.

Where currently one might reap the benefit of using X + Y to do something, instead have it so the person can select either X or Y...or that the combination of X + Y provides a reduced effect to what's going on than it currently does.

Generally, the better of X + Y would apply if somebody was attempting to use both X & Y...if it were not a case of there being a limited benefit from using both.

Simply trying to add more in here or there, would do nothing to alleviate this core symptom that raises its ugly head in many facets of the game.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:47 AM.