Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   I like PvP and I like ground (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=904031)

buccaneerdtb 11-05-2013 08:04 AM

I like PvP and I like ground

I also like more maps, bigger maps, fair fights, sportsmanship, balance. I just felt we needed some positive thread titles to discuss things in.

Random positivity:

I see a lot of nice bug fixes going into Tribble right now.
Monday is a whole week away.
I like my fleet.
I have coffee.

majortiraomega 11-05-2013 08:10 AM

Kit swapping to proc duty officers was also recently fixed on Tribble, more good news.

genada 11-05-2013 08:10 AM

I would like to try more ground pvp. It's somewhat limited due to the few people doing it but when I have done it, it's been fun.

mcduffie369 11-05-2013 08:23 AM

I enjoy ground and pvp very much as well.

mikiiy 11-05-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majortiraomega (Post 13271701)
Kit swapping to proc duty officers was also recently fixed on Tribble, more good news.

Yes we making progress here, sword kb gone, kit-swapping to keep buffs gone, kit-swapping to stack doff procs gone.

Now we just need em to focus on the remaining big bugs on ground like... distortion field exploiting of the red circles (aka cloak nading, distancing), armor-switching, engineer pets losing ownership on deaths for tons of extra spam, map bugs like mining the bridge in shanty from below and the big topic of negative debuff stacking (which may also be a space issue as well).

playhard88 11-05-2013 10:16 AM

I would try ground if i could use some of my characters, but they are fully spect for space (Skills and traits), and i wont spent time making a new character just for ground pvp, i would like to use some of my 4 chars...

mrkollins 11-05-2013 10:31 AM

Yeah Ground it's slowly returning.

mikiiy 11-05-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playhard88 (Post 13273911)
I would try ground if i could use some of my characters, but they are fully spect for space (Skills and traits), and i wont spent time making a new character just for ground pvp, i would like to use some of my 4 chars...

Depends a bit what you aim for.. if you just want a toon that works decently on ground and does do average good in ground pvp skill points wont be your issue, 66k is sort-of enough for one kit.. when it comes to traits you'll have to cut space down to the necessary and get 2-3 ground traits in tho.

When it comes to wanting to be great on ground as in maximizing things.. i bet you'll not want to use one of your 4 toons anyway, unless one of the 4 is a caitian.

You could just make a new one tho, with the double xp weekend still going on its a matter of 2-3 days + the reputation madness afterwards ;)

But then.. for some reason i seem to like making alts.. i've like 16 toons for pvp already (8 space, 8 ground) and 12 of em are finished reputation too lol.

dahminus 11-05-2013 10:41 AM

I have been outfitting my crew with ground gear due to not needing anything from space or the zen store...ground is...enjoyable.

Soon I will realize that is extremely repetitive and as such will despise again...but for now. I really do like it.

I wish bosses weren't juat bigger badder forms of minions though...uniqueness and strategy would go a long way

majortiraomega 11-05-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiiy (Post 13274301)
Depends a bit what you aim for.. if you just want a toon that works decently on ground and does do average good in ground pvp skill points wont be your issue, 66k is sort-of enough for one kit.. when it comes to traits you'll have to cut space down to the necessary and get 2-3 ground traits in tho.

When it comes to wanting to be great on ground as in maximizing things.. i bet you'll not want to use one of your 4 toons anyway, unless one of the 4 is a caitian.

I know I'm going to take a lot of fire for this, but I think Dodge chance needs to be capped at 75% chance. Dodge chance is out of control, it is so very easy to get a 100% dodge chance to Caitians. Non-caitians can get 97.1% dodge with a 100% uptime. A 75% dodge chance would ensure that at least 25% of attacks still dealt full damage, making Caitians less desirable, which would in turn increase the overall variety of races in ground PvP. We all know it's very unlikely Cryptic will ever remove the +10% dodge on all Caitains, but this would be something at the very least.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiiy (Post 13274301)
You could just make a new one tho, with the double xp weekend still going on its a matter of 2-3 days + the reputation madness afterwards ;)

But then.. for some reason i seem to like making alts.. i've like 16 toons for pvp already (8 space, 8 ground) and 12 of em are finished reputation too lol.

I think I'd go insane if I leveled 12 alts though the rep system at the current rep speed.