Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Weapon Colour (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=90438)

Archived Post 01-30-2010 11:25 AM

Weapon Colour

I was in a deep space encounter just now, and there was a player in a light cruiser at ensign 5 same as me, but he was shooting pink phasers and photons....

Now i know disrupters are green. but what on earth is pink and where can i get them!
When i tried to ask the player in local he warped out the system, and when i sent a private message i never got reply and they logged off..

So can anyone tell me?

Archived Post 01-30-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LFFPicard (Post 1778689)
I was in a deep space encounter just now, and there was a player in a light cruiser at ensign 5 same as me, but he was shooting pink phasers and photons....

Now i know disrupters are green. but what on earth is pink and where can i get them!
When i tried to ask the player in local he warped out the system, and when i sent a private message i never got reply and they logged off..

So can anyone tell me?

Oh here we go again..

Archived Post 01-30-2010 11:49 AM

Meaning?
I done a quick search and found nothing, so either it has been purged on launch or i used the wrong search criteria..
Either way you could be a bit more helpful and either tell me the answer if you know, link me to a current thread discussing it or just say you dont know.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LFFPicard (Post 1779020)
Meaning?
I done a quick search and found nothing, so either it has been purged on launch or i used the wrong search criteria..
Either way you could be a bit more helpful and either tell me the answer if you know, link me to a current thread discussing it or just say you dont know.

Ah, sorry. I indeed have no idea, might have just been a bug. There was a huge dicussion on weapon colors back during CB days, something like 27 pages worth of discussion. So rest asured people will tell you what they know :)

Archived Post 01-30-2010 12:00 PM

Ok thanks.
Just wold be cool to have those weapons :P

Archived Post 01-30-2010 12:01 PM

I saw a LT 4 shooting blue heavy cannon charges. he then went to bright yellow, then red phaser fire, followed by blue phasers fire. And no it wasnt tachon beam or anything like that. Almost willing to beat it either a dev playing that can change his weapon color. Or someone made a hack to change weapon color, like the guy that change the subspace map

Archived Post 01-30-2010 12:03 PM

All the people I saw with funky color weps were all liberated borg. prolly something to do with that

Archived Post 01-30-2010 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd2134 (Post 1779217)
I saw a LT 4 shooting blue heavy cannon charges. he then went to bright yellow, then red phaser fire, followed by blue phasers fire. And no it wasnt tachon beam or anything like that. Almost willing to beat it either a dev playing that can change his weapon color. Or someone made a hack to change weapon color, like the guy that change the subspace map

What you mean by guy that cnahge the subspace map?

I'm willing to bet that you guys saw someone with a polaron beam that he looted somehow, or someone on the TOS connie.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doubleohpsycho (Post 1779308)
All the people I saw with funky color weps were all liberated borg. prolly something to do with that

If so i'd like to know how :)

Liberated Borg character.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 12:10 PM

Has to be a visual bug or people misunderstanding, because you can't change color of your weapons without changing the weapon type.

Phasers - Orange
Disruptors - Green
Plasma - Lime Green
Tetryon - Blue
Anti Proton - Purple

The only exception to the rule is the Blue Phasers that's with the TOS Consitutions.