Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   pvp inbalance (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=90443)

Archived Post 01-30-2010 12:25 PM

pvp inbalance

well in beta feds won 90% of space pvp now its the other way around good job cryptic lol balance for the win

Archived Post 01-30-2010 12:29 PM

i would give it some time, you probably have plenty of new feds trying out pvp, where as a lot of the klingon players are experienced pvpers from beta.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 12:55 PM

Agreed there is no mystic Klingon power, just a bunch of new players who don't know how to fight and what their powers do.
I played a fleet map with my Klingon this afternoon and I had to explain a Fed what 'Evasive Maneuvers' is good for.
(He cried foul play and thought Klingons were OP because they could use 'full impulse' in combat ^^)

Archived Post 01-30-2010 01:02 PM

I wish this was true the biggest decider on PVP seems to be who gets in first with 5 (or 10) playets and which team starts with 3 picks up to 4 then back down to 2 when some people get bored of being ganked.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azrael102 (Post 1779255)
I wish this was true the biggest decider on PVP seems to be who gets in first with 5 (or 10) playets and which team starts with 3 picks up to 4 then back down to 2 when some people get bored of being ganked.

This. Currently there are more Klingon players than FEDs queued, the opposite of beta. So Kingon teams are always full and FEDs miss players (because they get in faster and so increase the chance to miss out another match they were queued for).

I think this will change once the race to admiral is over and/or the casual players discover PvP too.

And another thing: Currently the fleets and powerlevler are queuing in lower tiers, together with a good team. They will leave to higher tiers soon.

It must be this, there was no Klingon buff or FED nerf (beside MES, which I used as Klingon myself btw). So why should it have changed else.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 01:30 PM

It's mostly a gear thing in t1. Well that along with the fact that 9/10 Federation players barely know how to fly at the moment. Give it a week or two before we start screaming for nerfs. I'm even holding out on shouting for cruiser buffs atm.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azrael102 (Post 1779255)

QFT, this bugs the living crap out of me. Why the game can que opposing players and put them in at the same time, I will never know. After an entire night of PVP, both space and ground combat, I would estimate that at least 50% I was either alone or with one other person, and outnumbered 2 or 3 to 1. It got old real quick.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 01:35 PM

I am sick and tired of everyone bashing on the Klingon side and complaining that the Klingons are too tough..they're supposed to be...we have had our tier 1 battle cloak nerfed...our cannons nerfed, the shileds suck, the fed science ships are op to the point almost where cloak dont mean squat, nor our shilds OR armor. our weapons wont cycle together to the point that you cant fire all at the same time.
You have one thing right.. the balance is wrong..but its not the klingon side that is out of wack.:mad:

Archived Post 01-30-2010 01:40 PM

The reason people think this now is because a Klingon can make rank 8 about ten times faster than a Fed right now. Going from Lt. Rank 6 to Lt. Rank 8 took me about 30 min on the Klingon side. That means I had my extra skill about 2 hours before any of the Fed. cry babies.

It will balance back out.