Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Joined Trill Question (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=90930)

Archived Post 01-30-2010 02:37 PM

Joined Trill Question

No, not when will we get it. Just that it says you get 5 skills with a joined Trill.

Does that mean 5 a la carte skills I can pick from, or do I get the initial 2 typical Trill skills/traits and then get to pick 3 more (instead fo the standard 2).

I'd prefer to pick 5 straight across the board, but I can work with 3.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 02:49 PM

I believe, and don't quote me on this, that you get 2 assigned traits unique to Joined Trills (i.e. different than the regular Trill traits), plus 3 more that you can choose.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 02:51 PM

No...

The Joined-Trill gets 4 TRAITS like every other race available. Someone has started a chinese whisper and it has spiraled out of control. Even I thought the same thing until I actually looked into it.

The Joined-Trill gets 2 pre-chosen traits and you get to pick the other 2. The other 2 pickable will be the same that the normal Trill can choose. Also both Joined-Trill and normal Trill will share the same 'Hypometabolism' trait. The only thing unique the Joined-Trill gets is the trait 'Symbiote' which gives:

+3.3 Starship Energy Weapons , Projectile Weapons , Warp Core Training , Engineering Training
+6.7 Starship Operations Training

I am currently trying to figure out exactly what that means but this is what is mean by 5 skills as those listed above are 5 skills to which we can place skill points.

There is no such thing as 5 traits for any race.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandajuice (Post 1787073)
I believe, and don't quote me on this, that you get 2 assigned traits unique to Joined Trills (i.e. different than the regular Trill traits), plus 3 more that you can choose.

I'd have thought they get 4 traits like everyone else, but a small bonus to the skills like Starship operation

Archived Post 01-30-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAQ
Joined Trill
At character creation, a player can select Trill as a race. This unlocks special exclusive traits that enhance the character’s abilities. Note that the special abilities are the only exclusive aspect; players are still able to create Trills in the game. However, they will lack the Trill abilities

Traits do not = Skills

They have 4 traits. One of those traits is a bonus to 5 skills.

See how easy and simple that is to understand. Why is their such confusion?

I think I'll be avoiding the message boards on Tuesday when everyone finds out that Joined Trills are not the "Master Race" in this game.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 02:55 PM

So which two traits do people think they are going to pick for their joined trill?

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF
So which two traits do people think they are going to pick for their joined trill?

Im not sure as of yet. I will make it up as I get it. However ill probably get a ground ability and possibly techie.

In my eyes the ground abilities are probably more useful than space considoring the values given to ground are all % whereas the space are all just +1 this and +10 that. You can get consoles with +10 quite easily so by end-game you will be just as sufficient using good consoles. Ground however I doubt you will find armour that gives you +40% root resistance for example (and thats not the only stat 'sure footed' grants).

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhiloPhi
Traits do not = Skills

They have 4 traits. One of those traits is a bonus to 5 skills.

See how easy and simple that is to understand. Why is their such confusion?

I think I'll be avoiding the message boards on Tuesday when everyone finds out that Joined Trills are not the "Master Race" in this game.

Please do!
The less &)_)# holes the better!
You ask a simple question. You hope for a simple answer. No need to be hostile!

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:03 PM

I'm thinking either techie and warp theorist
or
Warp theorist and sure footed (the 40% root one)

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:08 PM

From the Preorder FAQ
Quote:

Joined Trill
At character creation, a player can select Trill as a race. This unlocks special exclusive traits that enhance the character’s abilities. Note that the special abilities are the only exclusive aspect; players are still able to create Trills in the game. However, they will lack the Trill abilities.
Like with the Lifetime exclusive, the Liberated Borg, who get the unique optional trait Neural Blast, you will most likely have not have any benefit of 5 Traits. Rather you will be merely able to choose the Joined trait, which then grants you said boni.