||01-30-2010 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by Smarter
Fleet's are terribly lacking many options such as:
Possible Solutions (By Problem #):
- Only able to make 7 Fleet Ranks.
- Inability to contact all of your Fleet members unless they are logged on and reading Fleet Chat.
- Inability to limit the number of items that may be removed a day, not just the amount of Credits.
- Inability to meet with your fleet members.
- Inability to gather Fleet members into the same instance.
- Add an interface for creating unlimited ranks.
- Add a button for being able to "Mass Mail" using the in-game mailing system.
- Adding an interface for full customization of each ranks access to the Fleet Bank.
- Allowing the "Warp To" button to work when a person is in a publicly accessible area, and showing it on the Fleet Roster.
- Having the ability as a Team Leader to create an instance for yourself under Change Instance.
I agree that 3 and 4 are problems. (4 is a problem of 'meeting quickly', not simply 'meeting'.) I agree with the proposed solutions for 3 and 4.
For the rest:
1. I think 7 ranks are sufficient. If anything, possibly too many.
2. Mass mail is high potential for spam. I use my own Fleet's web site (forums and webmail) for mass static communication.
5. Creating brand new instances for just a few players seems very wasteful, especially given our current server load problems. I never have a problem joining instances with my Fleet members; the Change Instance window lists the instances that have friends and Fleet members. I specify an Instance# in Fleet Chat, and we all go there. Simple.
(The game also seems to prioritise or default you joining an instance that already has friends/Fleet members. At least, this is what I have experienced.)