Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Del Taco/STO Petition (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=91329)

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:10 PM

Del Taco/STO Petition

Gamers,

This post is primarily a petition in regards to the Del Taco Shuttle, I hope you join me in support with this petition, because the baby that cries first gets the nipple.

Some might say that this is a silly post, because the Del Taco Shuttle is just "Fluff" stuff, and to that, I agree, but where I differ is principle. Only like 8 states have a Del Taco, mostly West Coast, that's like 20% of the games current clients. So, sounds to me like the targeted audience and targeted future audience will be West Coast US. My honest thoughts on this really are that Cryptic should either offer the Del Taco shuttle to those that do not have the option to go to a Del Taco, they could do it as a micro transfer equivalent of $0.99 or other currency from out of US with equivalent value. Other options is to put it up on the C-Store at launch where folks can use Cryptic Points to purchase if they so desire. Another option is to offer this at other franchises or an equivalent promotion for East Coast, US, UK, Canada, Europe and Australia. I am sure there are other folks from other countries as well. Probably the best option is C-Store at launch Feb 2, this would at least somewhat even the playing field.

If you agree, a simple /sign will do, if you don't agree, a simple /nothanks

As this to me is a petition, I will not respond, and after submitting I have moved on, but let your voices be heard, because whatever the outcome, we choose to do something about it, rather then sit back idlely whining about it.

Editted Add In

Note: This was inspired by boredom, after watching a movie and napping waiting for servers to come back up

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:13 PM

lol (as I eat me Del Taco macho taco meal)

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:15 PM

Yup, welcome to Atari/Cryptic marketing, the worst I've seen for any US MMO developer. Seriously, the worst.

But it's not as big as a deal for me as it is for you since my friends got me a code (you're allowed to give them away for free). Just ask someone who lives on the west coast USA to get one for you. :) I agree though, marketing is poor here.

Wish I could eat some Del Taco, forget the code im hungry.

I got mine easy enough from someone buying codes for people online. Took all of like 3 minutes after I first heard about the shuttle to get it done.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:16 PM

cup costs 2 dollars btw.

Just watch the forums people like me give em away. I only needed 1 for myself and stop by on ocasion when im in the area just to give the code away for free on the forums. (I do so as like you said very few places have dell taco) Anyways watch the forums.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:17 PM

I'm from Europe and have a shuttle. And no, I didn't fly over to the US to get one.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:19 PM

You would think they would pick a chain that can be found in EVERY state instead of a select few. Going with 7-11 would have been a better choice IMHO.

Not having a Del Taco in your area is a blessing! The food is barely better than army rations.
And honestly its a lame pet at best. It just follows you around and it takes up a slot on your ship. Most certainly there are better items to use in place of that thing! You are really not missing much.

Having said that, if you want to at least see one, I'll tow mine behind me for you to drool on :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by cipher_nemo (Post 1794464)
Yup, welcome to Atari/Cryptic marketing, the worst I've seen for any US MMO developer. Seriously, the worst.

But it's not as big as a deal for me as it is for you since my friends got me a code (you're allowed to give them away for free). Just ask someone who lives on the west coast USA to get one for you. :) I agree though, marketing is poor here.

I actually suspect it was Del Taco that approached Cryptic. I think as an exlusive offer its pretty good and leads to lots of nice payments for ebay. Its not cryptics fault that there are not del tacos everywhere.

However as a UK reisdent who has his type-8 shuttle thanks to some pals in USA, I cant really offer an argument either way.

However, I personally think that after winning the battle (assuming you do) getting the petitions, flooding the forums, getting support and finally getting your shuttle you will go "oh... is that it.... " assuming of course you can actually see the tiny little fekker