Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Federation starbase Tribble infestation - request for a disable option (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=913761)

shaokar 11-13-2013 12:55 AM

Federation starbase Tribble infestation - request for a disable option

So, due to misinformation in my fleet among Senior officer ranks, the tribble special project got finished and it imho ruins the look of the starbase as a whole, sadly Mr. Nemo, while he has the option to clean the tribbles up (for all of about 20 minutes before they re-appear), it is almost pointless to bother. It would be nice if there was a permanent option to disable the tribbles, or for the very least a toggle option for this special 'upgrade' much like (according to sto wiki) there is an option to show/hide the breen ship winter event upgrade. Further more, if you ever get to it, a toggle option for all the special projects would be nice imho.

shillar 11-13-2013 04:44 AM

Talk to Nemo Jones sitting next to the bar tell him to clean them up done.

nicha0 11-13-2013 05:05 AM

We need a disable, Nemo Jones only cleans them up one time and it resets every few minutes. I'd pay 200k dil to undo this project, it is awful

ravin 11-13-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillar (Post 13431211)
Talk to Nemo Jones sitting next to the bar tell him to clean them up done.

Re-read his post one more time. :)

starkaos 11-13-2013 11:59 AM

I have created two new sports due to this project, Tribble Soccer and Tribble Hockey. Tribble Hockey is Tribble Soccer, but you have the Frosted Boots on. It might relieve your frustration of this project, but I agree there needs to be some type of console that can turn off various project because I am sure that the Tribble project is not the only one that Fleets want to permanently deactivate. Or at least have us talk to Nemo Jones or whatever his name is to infest the Starbase with Tribbles and default is with no Tribbles.

The new Spire limited project is how these projects are supposed to be done. It requires a console to activate it and there is immediate benefit to having it unlike the Dilithium Mine windows project that many fleets won't see or have to look inside by doing some Mountain Climbing to get any use out of it. Also, the new Spire limited project is one of the best if not the best limited project introduced.

vermatrix 11-13-2013 06:19 PM

I have every starbase project done except 1 and as far as that one I think it could use a change, maybe not disable it or remove it due to the fact that someone spent a lot of dilithium on it but instead add the function to turn them on and off by talking to the npc rather than just getting them removed for a short time. That way we can all keep it while being able to control when tribbles appear

starswordc 11-15-2013 01:51 PM

You know what they say: When life gives you Tribbles, play football.

*cricket cricket cricket*

Okay, they don't say that. But they should!

davidwford 11-15-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicha0 (Post 13431721)
We need a disable, Nemo Jones only cleans them up one time and it resets every few minutes. I'd pay 200k dil to undo this project, it is awful

You might not like it, but I do. And yes, there should be the option to turn the visuals off and on for all of the projects.

wolfpacknz 11-15-2013 03:07 PM

Just pull out BBQ Sauce and the tribbles will all mysteriously vanish.