Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Just paid my 240 for Star Trek Offline (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=91398)

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:28 PM

Just paid my 240 for Star Trek Offline

I am almost to the point of demanding my money back. Not just the 240 for the lifetime but at least 40 for my CE of the game. I have never seen such an epic failure in all the years have have been playing MMOs.

WAKE UP Cryptic this is STAR TREK not some stupid game like Champions or City of Heros. You should have been prepared for the 40 years of fan base for this game from DAY 1. It is completely unacceptable and asinine on your part to have even thought any other way.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:29 PM

The game is quite good. What kind of nonsense are you talking?

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:30 PM

If you paid a lifetime sub for this mess then you need to get your head examined. I mean, havent you played CO? You can play through all the content in that game in a month.

Probably could with STO as well if the servers could stay up.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:30 PM

If you guys were dumb enough to pay for lifetime subscriptions then you deserve whatever you get lol..

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:31 PM

this is just "another" star trek game. WAKE UP dude

and its an online game so its predictable that it will have much downtimes in the beginning. what did you expect? something different than what everybody should have learnd after such a long period of softwaredevelopment, especially in online gaming?

its all fine. and i only know wow for "epic" things?! dont forget, everythings starts with grey vendorcrap. even wow.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:32 PM

cry moar!

your salty tears feed my soul.

seriously though, its just a few hours now to make that lifetime better for you tomorrow

Quote:

Originally Posted by swag-nyc (Post 1795963)
seriously though, its just a few hours now to make that lifetime better for you tomorrow

A truer thing hasn't been said in this thread.

You paid for lifetime and are complaining about a few hours of downtime?

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:33 PM

It's down a few hours on the 2nd day and you think it's an epic failure? Have you even played any MMORPG before this one? Yesterday was one of the smoothest launches I've ever been in. No rubber banding, no major glitches that break the game, no server queues, no servers constantly crashing.

You should get your money back. This community would be a lot better off without people as impatient and arrogant as you.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FltAdmiralZander (Post 1795634)
I am almost to the point of demanding my money back. Not just the 240 for the lifetime but at least 40 for my CE of the game. I have never seen such an epic failure in all the years have have been playing MMOs.

Yet you've never been present for an MMO launch.

I assure you, this server instability is quite normal. I'm not expecting miracles, but I am expecting this to improve over the next week or two.