Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Im really starting to wonder about the fanbase (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=91589)

Archived Post 01-30-2010 05:49 PM

Im really starting to wonder about the fanbase

People cant really handle downtime at all. I am wondering if people quit their jobs and bought a lifetime sub so they can live out their Trekkie fantasies in the comfort of home.

People are freaking out over a couple hours. Its still early in its life. No MMO can perfectly forecast what is going to happen at launch. Wow didnt, ask the population of Khadgar what it was like early on. Same with **** and any big name MMO that has come out in the last few years. It happens. Suck it up, walk away from the game for a few days and come back when it all is running smoother.

If you play something at launch its going to be rough. This is a fact for any MMO out there that has any sort of release hype.

Get some fresh air. Nothing you do is going to get you to the level cap first. I promise, you're better off relaxing or going to play an established MMO for the first few days if you are getting stressed over the same thing that happens during every launch.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 05:54 PM

Agreed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokenzodiac (Post 1798379)
People are freaking out over a couple hours. Its still early in its life. No MMO can perfectly forecast what is going to happen at launch. Wow didnt, ask the population of Khadgar what it was like early on. Same with **** and any big name MMO that has come out in the last few years. It happens. Suck it up, walk away from the game for a few days and come back when it all is running smoother... you are getting stressed over the same thing that happens during every launch.

So true. People really need to relax... damanding their money back. Seriously, if you just have an ounce of patience while they fix things, the game will only keep getting better.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

People cant really handle downtime at all. I am wondering if people quit their jobs and bought a lifetime sub so they can live out their Trekkie fantasies in the comfort of home.

Wait, I thought everyone did this. :confused:

Archived Post 01-30-2010 05:57 PM

I agree OP.

When the game launches, there will be alot of things said about this game, both positive and negative.

However, one phrase that will never be mentioned: "Mature playerbase".

Archived Post 01-30-2010 06:00 PM

As a whole this has been really amusing.
People have been freaking out too much about this game.
Between minor crashes and immersion breaking all I can do is read the forums and picture 90% of the population being morbidly obese covered in cheese doodle dust sitting in a dark room in a skin tight but ill fitting star trek tee screaming at the monitor in frustration.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

People are freaking out over a couple hours. Its still early in its life. No MMO can perfectly forecast what is going to happen at launch. Wow didnt, ask the population of Khadgar what it was like early on. Same with **** and any big name MMO that has come out in the last few years. It happens. Suck it up, walk away from the game for a few days and come back when it all is running smoother.

If you play something at launch its going to be rough. This is a fact for any MMO out there that has any sort of release hype.

Get some fresh air. Nothing you do is going to get you to the level cap first. I promise, you're better off relaxing or going to play an established MMO for the first few days if you are getting stressed over the same thing that happens during every launch.

As a guild master there is always other stuff that has to be taken care of outside the game as well, so it really didnt bother me at all :)

Archived Post 01-30-2010 06:03 PM

Having played quite a few MMO's from launch I have to agree as well with the OP. I was one of those guys on WoW who was dealing with the stupid server issues and it wasn't pleasant. To this day WoW still has the occasion, be it rare that a scheduled maintenance screws up and the servers are down almost all day. People need patience and understanding. Get up and go do something else. Hell I just play Dragon Age or gasp go outside or read a book! Scary I know :P

Archived Post 01-30-2010 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raath (Post 1798498)
I agree OP.

When the game launches, there will be alot of things said about this game, both positive and negative.

However, one phrase that will never be mentioned: "Mature playerbase".

"Mature playerbase" and "MMO" can never be used in the same sentence.

Its like dividing by zero.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 06:05 PM

http://www.geekologie.com/2009/12/10/hot-trekkie.jpg

What we think.

http://www.tlchicken.com/db_images/6_1_trekkie.jpg

and whats really out there

Archived Post 01-30-2010 06:06 PM

Quote:

^^^ this, ditto, and stuff.