Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   There is no way cryptic made STO (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=92176)

Archived Post 01-30-2010 11:00 PM

There is no way cryptic made STO

This can not be the same team or company who made Champions online.
Reason being Champions went smooth and had maybe 1% of the issues STO is having, Champions betas and game launch were smooth and pretty much bug free and the servers were pretty stable. This excuse for a launch, well no other way to put it then.... IT SUCKS!!!! pure and simple! Game play buggy, server issues, ect. ect.. When you actually get on its not a bad game and I hope it sticks around to enjoy it but the bads far far outweigh the goods so at this point i give cryptic a D- as a grade.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 11:01 PM

CO never had this many people at once.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 11:01 PM

Did you ever think that there MIGHT be a few more people playing Star Trek Online than Champions? I would wager that there are more people playing this head start than people subbed to CO right now.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 11:03 PM

To be fair, this technically is not "launch." Still, on many of these issues, I hate to say I told you so but...

Archived Post 01-30-2010 11:03 PM

My guess is if you saw the population of the STO early launch alone compared to the population of Champions the former would easily dwarf the latter.

I stated in another thread its a huge issue for companies and these highly awaited titles. Spend half your capital on servers and then half half the crowd bail in 3 months after launch and you waisted your cash or plan for a moderate load and hope your servers can take the abuse if everyone and his brother logs in.

No easy answer or way to predict what the opening day server load for an mmo is going to be.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azash470 (Post 1804610)
My guess is if you saw the population of the STO early launch alone compared to the population of Champions the former would easily dwarf the latter.

I stated in another thread its a huge issue for companies and these highly awaited titles. Spend half your capital on servers and then half half the crowd bail in 3 months after launch and you waisted your cash or plan for a moderate load and hope your servers can take the abuse if everyone and his brother logs in.

No easy answer or way to predict what the opening day server load for an mmo is going to be.

I can predict that the population of STO will be eerily similar to that of CO in a couple months if they can't be bothered with keeping their products online and available.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasidy
To be fair, this technically is not "launch." Still, on many of these issues, I hate to say I told you so but...

What, did they forget to pinky swear when they said we had head start access if we pre-order?

To say it's "technically not launch" is a lame excuse and completely disingenuous.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamek (Post 1804830)
What, did they forget to pinky swear when they said we had head start access if we pre-order?

To say it's "technically not launch" is a lame excuse and completely disingenuous.

Blame Atari not Cryptic. Crpytic wanted more time to test but Atari is making them rush the launch. Seriously people give them a break they're just trying to do their jobs AND we're still gettting to play before the launch be happy for that. Remeber that Cryptic didn't need to do a headstart at all

Archived Post 01-30-2010 11:11 PM

Did you even play champions? You don't remember the day 1 MEGA patch? Yeah things were smooth.

/sarcasm

Archived Post 01-30-2010 11:13 PM

:confused:

No need to get hostile with me I was just stating a fact. It isn't launch and the three-day head-start is supposed to be a bonus that you get for spending money on a preorder. Launch is February 2nd which is why that is the date listed on every site out there including, undoubtedly, the site where you yourself preordered from. This three-day bonus program may have problems and is smacking of a third beta but we still can afford to get the terminology correct.