Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Porblemswith retreving characters list (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=92200)

Archived Post 01-30-2010 11:04 PM

Porblemswith retreving characters list

I dont understand one mine im in game on a mission the next thing the game crashe's now everytime i log in the list for characters wont come up and keeps booting me out . What to do ?

Archived Post 01-30-2010 11:06 PM

Annoying isnt it, lots of folks in the same boat.

Headstart is looking more like a slow poke than anything else.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 11:07 PM

I think it's global. I just tried logging in for the first time ever right now and it says that.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeeD_007 (Post 1804638)
I dont understand one mine im in game on a mission the next thing the game crashe's now everytime i log in the list for characters wont come up and keeps booting me out . What to do ?

Don't worry about it, it's just a little bit of stress testing that didn't get completed during beta

It will be OK and everything will be fixed by Feb 02, promised

Archived Post 01-30-2010 11:10 PM

my 4 day head start looks more like a 4 hour head start.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamek (Post 1805005)
Don't worry about it, it's just a little bit of stress testing that didn't get completed during beta

It will be OK and everything will be fixed by Feb 02, promised

Ya maybe it will be fixed, but you think this stress testing is bad wait until the retail customers hit the login button. If they can't handle the pre orders then they are completely screwed on release day.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quantummechanics
my 4 day head start looks more like a 4 hour head start.

Quit quoting Kirk and Spock's secret code from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan!

Archived Post 01-30-2010 11:13 PM

Yup, I think same case for a lot of people.

This is the 2nd time I encountered this problem.
I ran through the starbase 24 rescue mission 2x already with no reward because it would crash right after I beamed out on both occasion..

Really frustating.
I want to get back the rank I was in on Beta asap.

Archived Post 01-30-2010 11:16 PM

what im dissapointed about is the lack of explanation why . ok its early days but there is no excuse whatsoever for keeping pepole in the dark as to what is happening it shows a lack of respect for the player base . i dont mind not being able to log in as long as im told why by the managment .
we all know every mmo has its teething tribbles er troubbles but treating its paying subscribers like mushrooms simply isnt good enough

Archived Post 01-30-2010 11:18 PM

Now my login wont even get to the retrieving part, now it can't connect to the server lol. Just when I thought a pile of crap couldn't get any higher.